Philippines trip coming up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid running out of fingers...
    I thought about counting on my fingers, but I only have five fingers on one hand.
    I thought about using the other hand, but there's only five fingers on that hand too.

Comment

That solution is so obvious you'll kick yourelf! Ha! Just count the same finger 6 times.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        che, don't worry all that stuff will get taken out when the ultra super storm hits.
        It looks worse broken. BTW, it's not like the Phils never get hit by typhoons.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I wonder if boat people offer return trips?
          Maybe I could be dropped of in the Phillipines.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What city are you in Sloww? From Eugene Oregon to San Fran to Tiapai to Manila to Tagbilaran round trip costs $1360. The cheapest we could find on the internet was 16something but the consolidator we use has come in a few hundred less every time.

When you consider the cost of hotels and restaurants in a Florida or Hawaii two week vacation this is an amazing cheap trip, and it can go on for a month or two, no problem. Lets see, for one person, if the airfare costs you $1500 and two months house cost you $500, and you had $1000 pocket money...you're talking $3000 for a two month trip.

Also, what you can do with your pocket money there! A bottle of Tanduay rum aged 12 years is less than $3. A cajun shrimp meal out at the Garden Cafe is maybe $3 pp. I once took a 32 hr cruise to Manila from Tagbilaran for $35 incl basic meals with a private cabin though I hear it's more like $60 these days. All the islands are connected by boats of various types so getting around involves time on the ocean watching the tropical islands go by with cold a San Miguel beer in hand. This trip we're going to visit Camiguin Island http://www.camiguin.gov.ph/photo-gallery.html which can be seen from our island of Bohol http://www.worldisround.com/articles/177628/ Camiguin has a large volcano visible from our beach where we swim, bbq, hang out and mix rum drinks with our hand crank blender. The tropical fruit makes those great btw. We blend up mangos, the sweetest in the world, with whatever other fruit the girls find at the market and serve em up in a yellow plastic cup complete with orchid. Very refined webe. The bbq is often strips of pork meat cooked over coconut coals. Also, last trip I introduced shishkabob to our island too. The local folks hadn't had that. One elderly fella was telling me he liked it because the flavor of the onion and green pepper mixed with the meat and potato was very good. He gets it. Anyway, a friend who is joining us from our local town wants to wander and he only has 3 weeks so after fiesta...oopppsss did I mention September fiesta on the 29th?...we're getting on the boat from our town of Jagna to Cagayan (an overnight cruise w/cabin) then on to Camiguin. Fiesta in Sept lasts three days. We'll roast a few pigs at our house and feed lots of people. Relatives, friends and folks that just wander in are all welcome at fiesta time. There's shows incl a local beauty pagent and variety shows and dancing in the street which I missed last go round. I've only been there for Sept fiesta once and Zkribbler and Theben were there for that too.

It's a blast, I'll shut up now.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              ... BTW, it's not like the Phils never get hit by typhoons.
              But their usual track takes them northwest into Luzon. IIRC, the island of Bohol has only been hit by one in Dolores' lifetime. And Lancer's house there has concrete walls and is located on the west side of the island, away from the direction that typhoons come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

But their usual track takes them northwest into Luzon. IIRC, the island of Bohol has only been hit by one in Dolores' lifetime. And Lancer's house there has concrete walls and is located on the west side of the island, away from the direction that typhoons come from.
                Facts!

Comment

Dengue is breaking out across

asia.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070730/...a_dengue_fever

Comment

That's not good.

Hopefully it will be awhile before its mosquitos spread to the Philippine archipeligo. Have you heard of any cases there?

Comment

Plenty, Jagna is a 'hot spot', though no children have died there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        What city are you in Sloww? From Eugene Oregon to San Fran to Tiapai to Manila to Tagbilaran round trip costs $1360.
                        Is that total or per ticket. I found a site that has tickets to Manila from Eugene for $1010 round trip.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Really? What site? The price I listen includes tax which I believe is $130 or so.

Comment

cheapflights.com the prices I listed included everything but the site fee, which was ten bucks a ticket, which I added in. I don't use any other site for looking for tickets anymore. Well, I do, but I always find the best prices on cheapflights.

Comment

Well thanks for the heads up Che. Any chance you can join us this trip?

Comment

You go for 6 months, right? It's theoretically possible we could go after the new year, but the truth is, I live two miles from the ocean. I can bicycle to the beach. The only reason we go to Cancun is because its cheap to get there and we have a free crash pad. Sans the mountains, I already live in an ex-Spanish colony next to blue green waters that are like a bathtub.

Comment

Working...
                                X