No announcement yet.

Are you mentally ill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, because nobody plays Pac-Man anymore .

Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear

Well if you and the n00wb you are currently pwnz0ring are in the same room I'd say it still qualifies, but I think it would mess with someone developmentally if their only human contact was through XBOX Live.
      I have no freaking idea of what u just said here but ill go with it Xbox live you say.... i got a few kids that stay up all night playing the dam game now that it is summer, and believe you me it is always something new, MOM we need the gold membership card, we need points, we need a charger for our wireless controlers it never stops!!!!! Believe me i wish pac man was still around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
        90% of all shrinks are pill-pushers. trust me. they will gladly diagnose you with anything just to get a buck. then they will force you to take ridiculous amounts of pills (to get even more bucks) and not care if you are destroying your brain. then the side effects of your "medication" end up being worse than the original "symptoms" you supposedly had. so what do the shrinks then do to solve this problem?

they raise your dosage. ****ing bastards.
        pieceâ„¢
        i guess i lucked out with the 10% non-pill-pushers

Comment

Bigotry against introverts:

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
            i guess i lucked out with the 10% non-pill-pushers
            actually there must be something wrong with me with what i said to you at Eventis. i still have not forgiven myself for that and i am ashamed.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

didn't we just have a thread on this?

those who post in other games forum know what my addiction is. haven't played in 5 days.

Comment

It's a joke and often taken as 'the truth' and the way it should be, when people say well, if it hurts your private life, then it's a problem. Well, if that IS your private life, then how is it hurting anything? If you are able to function and get your own damn money, I'm not going to tell you what to do with it. I'm not going to tell you waht to do with your life even if you recieved support. Like playing games? Play games then.
                qft

when I had a life a few months ago, I did not play computer games at all. but now I have lots of time on my hands... I played the hell out of a certain game.

although it was detrimental in that it gave me a repetitive stress injury. and now I can't play games any more. that was my own stupid fault. but it did not lessen my social life. I just find I watch more tv now . but tv sucks compared to computer games. oh well.

I'd rather much have a life, but that isn't possible right now. I have lost trust in people.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ

actually there must be something wrong with me with what i said to you at Eventis. i still have not forgiven myself for that and i am ashamed.
                  no worries. it had no effect on me, just gave a wtf feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                    Bigotry against introverts:
                    Being an introvert is not the same thing as being a gamer.

This reminded me, for some reaosn, of when I posted an add for a roommate, specifying that I was looking for a vegan roommate because I was vegan at the time. Someone scribbled 'bigot' on it, as if I shouldn't discriminate when choosing a person to share my apartment with.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

How is it not bigoted?
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Dis, exactly. Nobody complains that middle aged people watch TV so much. After work, some TV, sleep, back to work, some TV, sleep... it's when some kid watches 3 hours a day, that's a problem.

And somehow we all agree on some values or ideals, that yeah the kid should be reading books and training for the Olympics. As if that's what most kids would then do. The reason it's weird is because back in the days there weren't video games and stuff they now do. And who bought the games to begin with. "Oh I can't control him, he just plays all day long". Well, problem lies somewhere else then.

Besides, lots of kids, when they hang out, what do they do? They play video games together. Is that not social? That's the direction the world is going into, these kids, they know a lot about computers and they speak languages just to play these games that weren't made in their own language, some of them become professionals in that field. What's wrong in that?

Because sitting at home is bad by default. Well, why don't the parents take the kid out, find out what they like outside video games, support those hobbies instead of watching TV and shouting every now and then "get outside! No more video games! We set the rule for 2 hours a day!".... right...negotiate a deal and feel good about it. Maybe the kid goes outside the house and kicks some rocks until the time is up again and they can play some more games.

Maybe someone should give them some stimulation, socialize and see what's up. It's not the evil video games we should blame. It's a great industry. Sometimes comes up with some awesome games, keeps me entertained a week or two.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Dis, exactly. Nobody complains that middle aged people watch TV so much.
                          That's because we realize that the faster they die the better our pensions look.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                            How is it not bigoted?
                            It's debatable whether it's bigoted, as that often implies a high level of intolerance and hatred for the lifestyle in question, which didn't exist in that situation.

It's certainly discriminatory, however, and I am certainly going to discriminate when chosing who I live with.

I can see that ad now...

"Looking for room mate - room for everyone, pay what you can!"

Do It Ourselves

Comment

So you believe it's ok to discriminate, eh?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yes. Infact, I discriminate against certain kinds of discrimination.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X