Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poly Referendum: What do you think of the new tech subforum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asher is permabanned over this exchange, huh?
    That's what I hear. Close call.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
      This is not a democracy
      Back to the topic: So why do we have polls? I think we should keep it, but it's very geeky.
      Last edited by Blaupanzer; July 5, 2007, 21:17.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• Yeah, that's what I hear too
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• You're kidding.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Just to further elaborate on the pettiness of the current moderator standards on this forum, this is the PM I was banned for posting:

I merely passed on information from Asher to say that he was banned, nothing more and nothing less - and for this gross transgression of the law I was banned for a week!

If I had merely typed in my own words "Asher says he is banned", nothing would have happened.

Indeed, checking the FAQ there is no express ruling concerning PMs whatsoever. Common sense might judge that posting a PM of an embarrassing or insulting nature might fall foul of "Behaviour which is considered distruptive to this site" (but then that could be anything as far as Ming is concerned these days...), but I really fail to see how relaying information that a fellow poster has actually been banned is worthy of a banning offence...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• They jump at any excuse to ban your ass, and, frankly, who wouldn't?
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• I'm going to have to side with MOBIUS. I think he should have been banned long ago, but not for this.

Comment

• How hard is it to figure out.

If you have a problem with a mod send him a pm and discuss with him there, not on the forums. It should be a matter of simple courtesy and respect. If you were to meet someone in the workforce, do you embarass them publicly, or do you take up your complaints in private?

I've been banned myself, by Rah and rightly so for posting a copycat thread.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

If you have a problem with a mod send him a pm and discuss with him there, not on the forums. It should be a matter of simple courtesy and respect.
                    Some folks proudly despise simple courtesy and respect
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                      I've been banned myself, by Rah and rightly so for posting a copycat thread.

Copycat threads
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• Banning is a bit of an overreaction for a copycat thread, to say the least.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• You had to be there.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Horse****. It's still an overreaction.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                              Some folks proudly despise simple courtesy and respect
                              Okay, I respect you, but this is just stupid.

The fact is that PM don't usually do anything, and most of the time no one has any idea who to send the PM to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                                Banning is a bit of an overreaction for a copycat thread, to say the least.
                                QFT

Comment

Working...
                                X