Is it cruel to laugh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing he was wearing his seat belt
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

When i was reading the paper this morning seeing that pic had me in stitches, the look on his face of "urgh why have we stopped?" is great
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

It was a wheelchariot!

YeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAA!

Comment

He didn;t die, so if it is cruel to laugh at something like this then it is cruel to laugh at anything unfortunate...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Probably never go on a rollercoaster again.

Poor guy, good thing he made it out safe and sound. I can't imagine how he felt stuck on the grill and having no way to alert the driver to slow down and stop.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I sense an idea for another VR coaster...
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I can imagine the sarcasm in whoever answered the first emergency call
                "uh huh theres a guy sitting in a wheel chair being pushed along on the front of a lorry at 50mph ... sure"
                Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

My opinion if this happened, was that the truck or the guy in the chair had to be turning, I think aahz is right if he hit him strait front to side the guy would have tipped over and ended up under the truck, unless his chair was an electric one, which is easier to pivot then the old ones.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                    unless his chair was an electric one, which is easier to pivot then the old ones.
                    this is true i did not think of electric chairs when i posted before, i was using manual chairs as my example and point of reference.

I do not know much of anything about electric wheelchairs but at 50mph, or however fast he was going, wouldnt the motor have burned out, or a wheel snapped off, or some kind of damage to the chair?
                    pieceâ„¢
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                      My best laugh at the moment is that Paris is going back to "Bangkok Hilton". I hope she enjoys her stay this time.

I don't laugh at guys in wheelchair, I shoot them... Or rather ignore them.
                      Do you recognize the term jackass when used in a sentence? As in, "You're such a fuking jackass."
                      Would you know what I meant by that statement?
                      If you don't. there's no need in me wasting my time.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ

this is true i did not think of electric chairs when i posted before, i was using manual chairs as my example and point of reference.

I do not know much of anything about electric wheelchairs but at 50mph, or however fast he was going, wouldnt the motor have burned out, or a wheel snapped off, or some kind of damage to the chair?
                        pieceâ„¢
                        I don't know why, I just presumed that the wheels would have been slightly lifted off the ground as it got locked with the grill.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

possibly, but i still just dont believe it. Also for the handles to get stuck in the grill of the semi truck, they would have to be almost exactly the same size in diameter for them to actually STICK properly. if the handles were too big he wouldnt have gotton stuck obviously, and if they were too small they might have gone INTO the grill but the chair would have flopped around, and he deninately would NOT have gotton lifted off the ground or whatever without the handles eventually slipping out and the chair tumbling to the ground.

...i think this whole thing was staged for publicity or whatever.
                          pieceâ„¢
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

I am not really interested in the truthiness of this story.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

...obviously, as you did not post any comments at all in regards to YOUR OP until post #26.
                              pieceâ„¢
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Tuber thinks its an urban myth if anything, kinda like the scuba diver scooped up to put out a forest fire. I dunno i was hit by a car while riding a bike and it didnt drag me all it did was flip me over off the bike to the concrete
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X