Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you G-D! Immigration reform bill is pulled....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Constitution most certainly is not "as easy to change as getting an immigration bill passed". I've already explained why enforcement isn't going to happen, namely, because businesses don't want it enforced and politicians are whores for money. Continually repeating to deport the Mexicans won't change those facts.
    In point of fact Oerdin, it has been a good 15-20 years since people started screaming about reforming immigration (basically since the last time), and nothing has happened. So in all actuality, it is proving just as difficult.

You have explained why you think enforcement isn't going to happen. I think it would be a simple thing to do, as most of the population is all about it, especially the non-hispanic poor.

And you have yet to present any facts, only your opinion.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

We already throw millions into jail but it hasn't worked. Any more guesses?
      Take a step back and think about what actually happens in real life in the US. The only thing you will have accomplished is that a couple hundred illegals with attorneys are now sitting in your jails for a good long time.
      I am talking about the buisness owners.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
        And you have yet to present any facts, only your opinion.
        He's also done some name calling. Everyone knows that that helps to bolster an argument.
        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

What laws are those suburban householders breaking? And what laws are the contractors/subcontractors breaking?
          Employment laws maybe? I bet all those subcontractors have their illegals follow OSHA regs, bet they all get W-2s, and I bet the proper taxes are taken care of to

And I bet after Molly soccer mom spends a night in jail she will mow her own damn lawn from now on, or hire that struggling lower income American citizen with the landscaping buisness why charges 3 dollars more.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
            I am talking about the buisness owners.
            FYI, in many situations, business owners will have no occasion to inquire about status. For day laborers, you just have to cut a check. Or pay cash.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

He's also done some name calling. Everyone knows that that helps to bolster an argument.
              Yeah, forgot about that.

Are you going to apologize for your racial outburst or not Oerdin? It really was out of line.

Comment

FYI, in many situations, business owners will have no occasion to inquire about status.
                Then the personel resource manager, of the night clerk, or whoever did. And that is stupid anyways, I have had to provide information for every job I have had, including bus boy.

For day laborers, you just have to cut a check. Or pay cash.
                Then round them up like they do prostitution stings. Whatever.

These are excuses buisnesses make, the solution is to not accept them.

Comment

Fact is, it's not illegal for the business owner.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Fact is, it's not illegal for the business owner.
                    Since when was hiring illegal immigrants, dodging taxes, paying less than minimum, and running unsafe working enviroments not illegal?

Comment

I don't know why this is such a novel concept for you. If a construction company hires a day laborer, it doesn't have to keep any information on him. It doesn't have to ask any information. Not even the day laborer's name. The total each year has to be something like more than $600 before the company will have to file a 1099.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Republicans have now pulled up the ladder and made sure there is no legal path to citizenship for around 12 million people. This just can't be good for the country.
                        While Amnesty #8 would have been a wonderful solution to the problem, that is hyperbole. They do of course still have the original legal path to becoming a citizen.

Comment

I don't know why this is such a novel concept for you. If a construction company hires a day laborer, it doesn't have to keep any information on him. It doesn't have to ask any information. Not even the day laborer's name. The total each year has to be something like more than $600 before the company will have to file a 1099.
                          Yeah DanS, because contactors don't use the same workers, over and over again, all year. Traininng, being familiar with a site, skillsets, trusting the workers (especially if they are doing domestic work) mean nothing to contractors. I bet there are 365 strawberry fields in every town so a picker never has to go back to the same employer within a year. Like I said, this would be no more difficult than setting up a prostitution sting.

And we could always just change the day labor laws? No? Maybe Oeridin was right about buisness interests

Comment

In LOTM's neighborhood, it all works that way. I'm just describing the reality that you are ignoring.

Maybe in Charleston, it works differently.

Comment

I bet it doesn't DanS. There is not a constuction site I have worked on were the same questionable workers did not show up time and again, at multiple projects.

What we are seeing here is the turning of the blind eye. Exactly what needs to be stopped.

Comment

What can I say? Not everyone has your moral outrage on the matter.

And I can confirm that despite wave after wave of prostitution stings, we still have hordes turning tricks in my town each night.

Comment

Working...
                                X