Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economy: unemployment in Germany on a 5 year low.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality and the perception of reality by a group are often quite different, so I think Dans has a point.

You may live in a very safe place, with a very very low crime rate homicide rate, but in the media bombards the people constantly with the few criminal acts that happen, people may believe they live in a dangerous place and that htere is a serious security problem.

Maybe nothing changed, in reality, deep down in this year Merkel has ruled Germany, but if the business people "feel" something changed, because Merkel belongs to a more free trade party that may be enough.
    I need a foot massage

Comment

The question is not that it is a possible explanation, or that the stuff written by DanS' would have no impact at all. The question is whether it is one that is definately more important than any other factor.
      Blah

Comment

Perhaps the better business sentiment is there because of

- less bureaucratical and monetary hurdles to found and keep an existence, especially for the backbone of the German economy - small and mid-sized enterprises
        - less payroll fringe costs
        - less hassle in training of apprentices (important to many small and mid-sized enterprises)
        - less taxes
        - cheaper labor if they employ formerly unemployed
        - not to forget, Merkels beautiful eyes and kind words

Business climate got better after the Agenda 2010 passed and is brought to reality step by step (it's called 2010 for a reason). I know, it sounds mystical (albeit much more material than your assertion, still), but it seems to fit the facts! (still a fallacy, but if it floats your boat...)

Comment

I blame Skanky
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
            The question is not that it is a possible explanation, or that the stuff written by DanS' would have no impact at all. The question is whether it is one that is definately more important than any other factor.
            I think there are other factors that accrue to Merkel's credibility and the business community's confidence in her leadership. For one, she was lucky enough to come to power at an advantageous time in the business cycle. So far, she hasn't done anything that I know of to kill the good mood.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
              Maybe nothing changed, in reality, deep down in this year Merkel has ruled Germany, but if the business people "feel" something changed, because Merkel belongs to a more free trade party that may be enough.
              Unfortunately, this is not the case, this cliché doesn't work in today's Germany. There is practically no significant difference between CDU and SPD anymore. The CDU shifted from moderately right-wing to strictly center, the SPD shifted from moderately left-wing to center (creating ample space for the Left Party and losing voters and even members to them). They still argue all the time, but that's mostly bickering about silly details.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                For one, she was lucky enough to come to power at an advantageous time in the business cycle. So far, she hasn't done anything that I know of to kill the good mood.
                That sounds much better.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

I think there are other factors that accrue to Merkel's credibility and the business community's confidence in her leadership. For one, she was lucky enough to come to power at an advantageous time in the business cycle. So far, she hasn't done anything that I know of to kill the good mood.
                  Good.
                  Blah

Comment

Working...
                  X