No announcement yet.

Cindy Sheehan Resigns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anything she did makes here a "skank." Perhaps a media whore...

I really do pity her, though I won't forgive her for dragging her son's legacy in the mud. Is there anything written/recorded about what HE thought about the war?

I always ask that when non-military folk put words in the mouths of the dead/serving.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Wow, Sloww. Why the venom?

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

While one might dismiss some of Sheehan’s hyperbole due to grief over her son’s death, a little research about Casey Sheehan revealed that contrary to being tricked by military recruiters, Casey Sheehan had re-enlisted in the U.S. Army voluntarily when he was 24-years-old, after serving his first hitch successfully. Casey Sheehan was in fact a hero who received a Bronze Star. He was attached as a mechanic to the artillery division of the 1st U.S. Cavalry in Iraq. When a convoy of soldiers from Casey’s unit was attacked in Sadr City by insurgents, Casey volunteered to join a rapid rescue force to get them out. His commanding sergeant told him he did not have to go into combat, because he was a mechanic and not an infantryman. Casey was quoted telling his officer, “I go where my chief goes.” He was tragically killed during the rescue attempt. The source for this story? Cindy Sheehan herself.

I also visited an army recruiting office on my way home and asked about Casey being promised a job as a chaplain’s assistant only to be thrust into harm’s way. The recruiter explained to me that on re-enlistment, the Army’s B.E.A.R. program (Bonus Extension and Retaining) guarantees everything in writing. If Casey was a mechanic during his first hitch, that was the only thing he would have been guaranteed per his re-enlistment contract. Further research showed that a chaplain’s assistant is a combat infantry position, whereas Casey was deployed in a non-combat job as a mechanic. Casey Sheehan sought combat duty for his country and should be honored for it, not used as a symbol of how evil the United States is.

Skank. Media whore. Call it what you will.

CASEY, however...
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Arrian, she sold out her son's sacrifice. She blatantly lies, and seeks personal attention off his death. Disgusting behavior.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Ah. And you care about her son, I suppose... I haven't followed her display of ... whatever it is ... so I don't know anything about the supposed lying. Personal attention-seeking is a given.

Her son was a volunteer who chose to go into harm's way, and her reaction to his death passed quickly from the realm of grief-stricken overreaction to something else (and uglier) entirely. I pretty much ignored her from the start.

You, otoh, seem to have worked up quite a bit of righteous rage...

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I have qualms about a military member losing his life and having his slutass mother demean him, yes.

Comment

a mother who twists a story of her sons death: a lying whore

a president who lies to get his country into a personal vendetta... a national hero.

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                  Did anyone ever see her as anything but a sad, grief stricken, mentally unstable mother unable to grasp/deal with her loss?

Pittied? Surely.

Taken seriously? Not by anyone who wasn't out to use her in the first place.
                  Nancy Grace?
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
                    a mother who twists a story of her sons death: a lying whore

a president who lies to get his country into a personal vendetta... a national hero.

Even assuming that the prez lied (a retarded position IMO), I haven't heard Sloww describe him as a hero.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

a national hero.
                      Find me one referance, of anyone (even Ned) saying this.

Thanks for playing
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I know that your train of thought is still boarding at the previous station, but pleae recognize a hyperbole when you see one

Comment

Nah, you were just being a douchebag by twisting what Sloww expressed.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Nah, I just pointed out that he some people have a strange set of priorities.

I 'll let you do the twisting.

Comment

Either way, calling her names like whore and slut does not reflect well on Slowwhand.

I wonder which is more uncomfortable: the fact that thousands of soldiers have lost their lives in this war or the fact that some people use those soldiers' deaths to try and prevent other soldiers from dying. Shocking behaviour, let's keep feeding the grinder instead.

Comment

She IS a traitor. Her actions just embolden the enemy and cause more death. Her son is probably turning in his grave because of her short sighted and narcissistic actions. Surrender would only bring more death to our shores and her son would have died in vain.

Good riddence! May she and Jane Fonda enjoy each other's company in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X