Americans afraid of Canadian coins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like a good beaver.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, but Article 1 Section 10 doesn't let you guys coin money.

Comment

You guys must feel really safe.
        What?

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Coin currency replaced the beaver pelt in 1983.

Not in Montreal.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I haven't even seen those coins before.

I really wish they would stop making all these dumb quarters and stick to minting the regular ones. It was interesting when they first came out, but now it's just annoying when the coins aren't accepted by machines.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

What a rinky dink deal that is. Won't even spend? Jeez.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I wouldnt say afraid, just more annoyed when they are given to us in change cause the banks cant get their **** together. I hardly think im gonna waste my time to go and turn in the 50 canadain coins I get in one month, Considering the exchange rate id prolly be paying the bank money
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I hardly think im gonna waste my time to go and turn in the 50 canadain coins I get in one month, Considering the exchange rate id prolly be paying the bank money

Some of the designs don't reinforce the concept that this is our true legal currency. I think we have one where a kid drew a stick figure and it made the cut.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    What a rinky dink deal that is. Won't even spend? Jeez.
                    They couldn't keep the red colour on the original issue of these quarters. I don't know if that has been remedied or not.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                      Considering the exchange rate id prolly be paying the bank money
                      Nope

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                      Considering the bank fees id prolly be paying the bank money
                      Fixed

Your shot at the Canadian follar is a bit out of date. When it traded between 60-70 cents, the exchange stung but NOW?? Today I see our dollar at over 90 cents ??!! Wow I didn't know it had gotten THAT high.

Time to take a US vacation just to help your economy
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Oh and just put your occasional Canadian coin in with you US ones and just pass them on. ITs 25 cents so not worth a lot anyway
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

There. The best Canadian coin ever.

Comment

Where's the flapping heads?
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

saw the original reports.

seemed really really odd...

glad to know its a dumb mistake.

Comment

BOO!
                                What?

Comment

Working...
                                X