Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people go to the gym but then only do cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you haven't done them, then don't talk to me about the negative effects. A proper cycle can be done virtually side effect free.

Comment

• Note the "virtually".

So which side-effects can't be avoided? Acne? Boy-boobs? Impotence?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• I'd take synthol injections over steroids
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• This is an amazing thread. I had no idea so many here were all geeked out on gym culture.

Me, I go to the gym to have fun and force myself out of the house and away from the comp. (I work at home.) I make it every other day on average. Lots of times it's cardio, other times resistance machines or basketball. As long as I start with some good stretching, I know I'll see a benefit. Clears my mind and keeps me away from the chiropractor.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Stretching
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Yeah, that's how I felt when I was 24.
              I'm 53. Things change.

First it was a ruptured calf. Then it was back problems.
              My advice: Don't learn the hard way. You won't be laughing.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Flexibility and cardiovascular health are two very important components of health... it isn't just about msucles. I need to start working more on my flexibility... currently I just stretch after doing weights.

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  Yeah, that's how I felt when I was 24.
                  I'm 53. Things change.

First it was a ruptured calf. Then it was back problems.
                  My advice: Don't learn the hard way. You won't be laughing.
                  You're just as likely to injure yourself during the stretching as you are during the main exercise. A 10 minute stroll will loosen everything ready for running or lifting or whatever.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Jon, I have to say I'm very impressed with what you've done for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doddler

You're just as likely to injure yourself during the stretching as you are during the main exercise. A 10 minute stroll will loosen everything ready for running or lifting or whatever.
                      Ah, the innocence of youth...
                      I'm sure it's true for you, Doddler; it used to be true for me.
                      Talk to me in 30 years.

Comment

• I trained at a gym for a while and my trainer told me that you shouldn't start with stretching, that you should warm up a bit (like doing your cardio) and then stretch. If you stretch before warming up first, you risk to injure yourself.
                        Last edited by Nostromo; May 2, 2007, 02:12.
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Originally posted by Doddler
                          Stretching
                          Idiot.

Comment

• You don't want to stretch cold. It's better to do normal stretching after weight lifting or cardio and warm up using things like lunges and pushups.

Comment

• Yeah, stretching before lifting is bad. Warm up with light weights instead, and save the stretching for after the workout.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Yeah of course after. But laughing at stretching in general is just silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X