No announcement yet.

Jon Miller is right about....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hedonism is a word made up by people who didn't like the way other people lived their lives

But didn't some scientist figure out he could make rats straight or gay by controlling some hormone level during gestation or birth? I believe women typically produce less of this hormone after giving birth to a son so the next son has an increased chance of being gay. I suspect bisexuality is produced in the same manner, hormone levels.

Comment

Brids display homosexual behavior also.

I think insects do as well, but don't remember where I read that.

Is Hedonism not clearly enough defined for you? What is your problem with it?

I think most people would be accepting and pleased with being hedonists, it definitely reflects their behavior.

Same with materialism.

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
        Sex isn't inherently hedonistic.

Jon Miller
        We have different definitions of "hedonism", which is why this discussion isn't really very fruitful. I agree with Berzerker.

edit: "I agree with Berzerker's definition", that is.

Comment

Is Hedonism not clearly enough defined for you? What is your problem with it?
          its subjective, its like the George Carlin joke - any motorist going slower than you is an idiot, anyone going faster is a maniac. Anyone less "hedonistic" than you is a prude, anyone more hedonistic is a ...hedonist... And when I hear the word hedonist, its usually someone like Bill O'Reilly using it in a derogatory manner.

Comment

I really don't see what is unclear here.

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I did check the wiki definition right at the start of this thread.

What's unclear for me is why bisexuality is hedonistic and heterosexuality not. I believe other people do normal sex because they seek pleasure from it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

That about sums it up. I reviewed the thread and saw that too much would have to be deleted to save it. It got totally out of hand. So the simple solution was taken. And after watching how some of the people posted, it will probably mean that future threads like that will just be deleted earlier. Because it's obvious that some people just can't discuss the topic without falling into a discussion that is far beyond what this site will allow.

And I wonder if this thread will last much longer...
                I would like to note that the United Eventian Republic provides an alternative to Apolytonian censorship
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I really don't see what is unclear here.
                  Its clearly subjective

What's unclear for me is why bisexuality is hedonistic and heterosexuality not. I believe other people do normal sex because they seek pleasure from it, too.
                  Because JM said so

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc

I would like to note that the United Eventian Republic provides an alternative to Apolytonian censorship
                    WTF is the United Eventian Republic?
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

That's actually a good question.

Comment

I would say that most heterosexuals and homosexuals are hedonists as well.

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I think you're making a big deal about "hedonism"...

Comment

Re: Jon Miller is right about....

Everything.

He is a god.

Relax and enjoy it. You have no choice.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Sorry to offend, Jon Millerson.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X