Jon Miller is right about....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    But can't you see how a gene that seems to be associated with trying new things/behaviors/etc would also incline one to do so sexually?
    Sure. But why does this necessarily make the resulting sexual behaviour any less "inherent?" Genes that contribute, say, to greater stamina, better looks, etc., may make someone more sexually confident and successful, but wouldn't make a heterosexual any less inherently heterosexual.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme

How would this prove or disprove JM's ideas?

Say 80% of non same sex, agree and 30% of same sex.
      Or some completely different numbers?
      I really don't see how that would allow you to conclude anything about whether JM is right or not.
      It wouldn't be designed to prove anything. I was actually thinking along the lines of, would more girls be up for girl on girl kissing than men being up for men on men kissing, after taking account of stated or statistically assumed sexual preference.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

hairy, small-dicked, and irrelevant?
        no no asher, the good greek things. for instance my yogurt sauce is delicious. my unique milky liquid is anise flavored and intoxicating. i am naked often.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          no no asher, the good greek things. for instance my yogurt sauce is delicious. my unique milky liquid is anise flavored and intoxicating. i am naked often.
          I'm sure...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

It wouldn't be designed to prove anything. I was actually thinking along the lines of, would more girls be up for girl on girl kissing than men being up for men on men kissing, after taking account of stated or statistically assumed sexual preference.
            Mostly relates to culture.

Humans aren't the ideal creatures to study for genetic studies as our intelligence means that genetic factors often don't play the strongest role.

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
              I'm not an hedonism...
              "L'État, c'est moi." (Louis XIV)

"Why do I write such good books ?" (Nietzsche)

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I'm sure...
                you're right asher, perhaps i am a male enthusiast.
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

c0ck
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The video will go out the day Duke Nukem Forever will be release.!
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

The Friday vote(about sexual partner) thread have been deleted.
                      It got deleted? For what reason? If the mods didn't like parts of it(which I can understand), they could just have closed it or, if they had some unlikely free time, deleted the offending posts.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

It got deleted? For what reason? If the mods didn't like parts of it(which I can understand), they could just have closed it or, if they had some unlikely free time, deleted the offending posts.
                        there were too many offending threads and references.

Comment

I don't know if it's deleted or why was it deleted, but my guess is that B Etor whined about double standard after her thread about whether guys care about whether their seed is eaten after-sex or not was closed, and the mods decided to avoid headache by closing both.

On-topic: If normal sex is hedonism, isn't it obvious that bisexuality is also hedonism? I mean, if one doesn't find either hetero- or homosexuality disgusting, then one flexibly does either of the two depending on one's current lusts.

Yeah, and suggest threesome so she doesn't have to try new experiences behind your back and possibly get STDs.

Comment

Sex isn't inherently hedonistic.

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                              there were too many offending threads and references.
                              That about sums it up. I reviewed the thread and saw that too much would have to be deleted to save it. It got totally out of hand. So the simple solution was taken. And after watching how some of the people posted, it will probably mean that future threads like that will just be deleted earlier. Because it's obvious that some people just can't discuss the topic without falling into a discussion that is far beyond what this site will allow.

And I wonder if this thread will last much longer...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, I certainly agree certain individuals went far too long. So I don't oppose that action had to be taken. It was just that there were some good discussion in between the attacks. Oh well...
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X