No announcement yet.

Jon Miller is right about....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Jon Miller is right about....

Originally posted by Asher

Male form.

Although aesthetic appreciation is not the same as sexual attraction, so you are wrong.
    one follows the other
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Re: Re: Jon Miller is right about....

Originally posted by LordShiva
      I ate an apple today. It was green.

OMG ALL APPLES ARE GREEN!

That conclusion is indeed more likely for every green apple you observe

Comment

There is scientific (once more, biologists, not liberal artists) evidence in favor of homosexual gene.

There is some evidence that some claim is in favor of everybody being inherently bisexual, but very clear evidence suggests clear inherent heterosexuality and homosexuality. This would suggest that there is another prime factor in observed bisexuality.

Bisexual behavior has been observed to be linked to certain nonSex genes related to 'risk taking'. (based off of memory of a tank I went to several years ago) This also suggests that it isn't an inherent sexuality (linked to genes, as in homosexuality or heterosexuality) rather is derived from the interaction of other genes.

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jon Miller is right about....

Originally posted by MRT144
          one follows the other
          No they don't. I may appreciate the aesthetics of a sports car but it doesn't sexually excite me.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            Bisexual behavior has been observed to be linked to certain nonSex genes related to 'risk taking'. (based off of memory of a tank I went to several years ago) This also suggests that it isn't an inherent sexuality (linked to genes, as in homosexuality or heterosexuality) rather is derived from the interaction of other genes.
            So a trait is only "inherent" if it's governed by a single gene? Hardly anything qualifies, then.

Where is the "heterosexual gene," anyway?
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jon Miller is right about....

No they don't. I may appreciate the aesthetics of a sports car but it doesn't sexually excite me.
              but thats cause youre not carsexual asher.

what im saying is, the development of those sexual feelings came from, in my mind, the aesthetics of the male body. When i started looking at ideal forms of the male body more closely I went, "this is hot!"
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jon Miller is right about....

but thats cause youre not carsexual asher.

what im saying is, the development of those sexual feelings came from, in my mind, the aesthetics of the male body. When i started looking at ideal forms of the male body more closely I went, "this is hot!"
                Sexual attraction and aesthetic appreciation are not the same thing, no matter what you tell yourself.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jon Miller is right about....

Sexual attraction and aesthetic appreciation are not the same thing, no matter what you tell yourself.
                  youre right. they arent the same thing. i just feel that one led to the other in me.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

So a trait is only "inherent" if it's governed by a single gene? Hardly anything qualifies, then.

Where is the "heterosexual gene," anyway?
                    If it is the reasonable behavior under certain social conditions tied to nonsexual genetics then it isn't inherent.

In the case of the "risk" gene, it makes sense that those that are more inclined to "risk" would engage in "risk" behavior sexually (ie, different than their usual behavior). This doesn't mean that this is a sex gene, rather the sexual behavior is (in our culture) the result of differing attitudes... It is also, btw, associated with more sexual partners (several times more, and not just from the differing sexuality).

I doubt that this would be true of lower animals (many of which do display homosexuality by the way).

This genetic "risk" gene was observed in both homosexuals and heterosexuals. Homosexuals who had it had more heterosexual partners.

This gene was also tied to nonsexual "risky" behavior.

Jon Miller
                    (once more, presenting material which was presented to me years ago)
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sex is heavily influenced by the genes that code for testosterone, epinephrine, oxytocin, etc., all of which influence non-sexual behaviour as well.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

ahser is just mad im more like a greek than he.

Comment

But can't you see how a gene that seems to be associated with trying new things/behaviors/etc would also incline one to do so sexually?

Yeah, I didn't get into testosterone yet. (definitely link between increased testosterone and homosexuality) (for both men and women)

Really, as I said, this isn't my field of study and I can't cover everything. I still haven't seen any evidence that runs counter to by hypothesis.

The biggest suggests for an inherent homosexuality is the homosexuality observed in low level sexed animals of very different biologies. I do admit that I don't know if bugs, for example, have testosterone.

If they don't, it would suggest that increased testosterone is a result, rather than a cause of homosexuality.

Jon Miller
                          (I also beleive homosexuals when they say that they have tried to be heterosexuals, and were made unhappy by soceity because of this. I admit that this isn't as clear scientifically though (but would be against the position of everyone being bisexual).)
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Re: Jon Miller is right about....

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                            She asked to me If I have ever had sex with a guy. I said no. I ask the same thing to her; she answered that she kissed a women one times(while drunk). And she liked it a lot, and since this events she now wants to have sex with another girl. Before that events she didn't had a single desire to have sex with a woman.
                            I'll reserve judgment till I see the video of your gf having sex with another girl.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

ahser is just mad im more like a greek than he.
                              hairy, small-dicked, and irrelevant?

Comment

The video will go out the day Duke Nukem Forever will be release.!
                                Last edited by CrONoS; April 17, 2007, 15:58.
                                bleh

Comment

Working...
                                X