No announcement yet.

Computer addiction: time to change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in serious trouble. I went to that lady, she told me I have to take this exam.

But it wouldn't be so bad if not that I was supposed to read one thing she left in her deposit - some text for the exam apart from the usual stuff. But the text is gone - she has apparently thought she examined all already or she thought we (well, I) had enough time to read it already.
    She doesn't answer the phone. I'll try to meet her tomorrow morning, before the exam, apologise, ask her to move this exam for a week and to give me this #^** text
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

You're toast.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I wanted "It's her fault, surely it will be alright" comments
        Middle East!

Comment

It's her fault, surely it will be alright
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Do You mean it?
            Middle East!

Comment

No
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

But it's HER fault! She didn't mention she's going to take this #&@#(*(@# text out of her deposit before we are all examined.
                Middle East!

Comment

I got the text

from a friend. The only girl that had to have exam as I did. I didn't have her phone, but I was given it by someone I got phone number from someone whose phone number was given to me by someone...
                  Still, I've already sent a mail to the lady, so she'll know my preparement is just a bluff
                  Middle East!

Comment

Aargh! Good luck!

... Though I hope you only read this after you had the exam, because you obviously need to study before then.

But I see you're online. Get off Apolyton!
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I will. Time to eat sth and watch another South Park episode.
                      Then I'll learn entire night
                      Middle East!

Comment

southpark

Comment

Idris!

(hah! now I can say it back to you )
                          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

hm, I must have made a mistake. udrus is the right word.

or is it?
                            damn.

yagib 'alayk an tadrus

this way I'll avoid controversy.

yeah, I should learn, but my 'adas is not ready yet.
                            Last edited by Heresson; April 19, 2007, 16:53.
                            Middle East!

Comment

Re: Computer addiction: time to change

Originally posted by Heresson
                              Computer games are destroying me. For example, I have an exam in friday, and my only chance to avoid it is to talk to one lady. But I've missed a talk with her today, because I've been playing HoM&M and surfing the net all night. I've missed lessons with someone I really like for the same reason as well.
                              It's happening on and on.
                              I still have a chance to talk with this lady 1 day before the exam, but she will be angry that I'm coming to her that late, probably.

I've decided I need to change. I will only play computer games 1,5h/day, will only spend 1/2 h posting at poly and doing anything in the net but sending e-mails.
                              Additional 1h may be spent on Civ2 as long as it is in order to progress my scns (not likely, as CIv2 doesn't want to work on my computer right now).

Each day I will be posting a review of my success in fighting my addition. If I do not succeed, call me names.
                              If I do, praise me.

Thank You.
                              Bye
                              I had a similar problem about 6 months ago. Civ and this place stole a lot of my time. Not good for work or my relationship. Procrastination is evil. Long story short, I quit cold turkey and it sounds like that's your best option too. Uninstall all games and change your Apolyton password to something random so you can't log back in.
                              It's easy, really

Comment

You seem to remember your password
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X