Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another School Shooting (Virginia Tech)

Second shooting at Virginia Tech, school's Web site reports; 7 more casualties reported by The Associated Press

via CNN

Person is reportedly in custody.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

At least 1 reported killed in shootings at Virginia Tech

One person was killed and as many as eight more wounded in two shooting incidents on the Virginia Tech university campus today, The Associated Press reported. Students were instructed to stay indoors and away from windows after a gunman reportedly fired shots at a residential dormitory, police said. Roanoke's WSLS reports that one person had been taken into custody, but it is unclear whether more suspects are being sought.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Bummer.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I heard about this earlier. I hope none of my friends were hit 30-40 people from my year went to VT.

Comment

At least 20 killed.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

What? Where are you hearing that?

Comment

CNN

Police: At least 20 killed

At least 20 people were killed in two shootings when a lone gunman opened fire on the Virginia Tech University campus in Blacksburg on Monday, police said. Police said they believe the shooter also is dead. President Charles Steger called the shootings "a tragedy of monumental proportions."

Comment

A sad day for the second amendment.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

NBC puts the number killed at 22.

22 Dead In Virginia Tech Shootings
                  Shooter Deceased, School President Says

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Virginia Tech's campus police chief said at least 22 are dead after a shooting the university.

Charles Steger, the school's president, said that a 911 call came to the school's police department before 8 a.m. Monday, concerning an event in West Ambler Johnston Hall

Steger said two hours later, the school got reports of shooting at Norris Hall.

Steger said that the shooter in Norris Hall is deceased.

Officials said one person was killed and another was wounded in the first shooting, at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a huge campus dormitory that houses nearly 900 students.

Virginia Tech officials said there were "multiple victims" in a second shooting, at Norris Hall -- an engineering building. Government officials with knowledge of the shooting said there were "seven to eight" casualties in the second shooting.

The Blacksburg campus is still locked down and classes are canceled. The university community was ordered to stay inside.

Aimee Kanode, a freshman from Martinsville, Va., told The Associated Press that the shooting happened on the fourth floor of the dorm, one floor above her room. Kanode said students are "locked in our dorms surfing the Internet trying to figure out what's going on."

Faculty and staff on the Burruss side of the Drillfield are being released and asked to go home effective immediately. Faculty and staff on the War Memorial side are asked to leave at 12:30 p.m.

According to the school's Web site, the school has closed Monday and classes will be cancelled Tuesday, April 17. The university will remain open for administrative operations.

All students, faculty, and staff are required to stay where they are until police execute a planned evacuation. A phased closing will be in effect today; further information will be forthcoming as soon as police secure the campus.

Tuesday, there will be a university convocation/ceremony at noon at Cassell Coliseum. The Inn at Virginia Tech has been designated as the site for parents to gather and obtain information.

Comment

****ing a.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

22 dead.

Apparently two gunmen according to the AP, which says that the gunman was taken into custody and faces capital murder charges. It also says he was killed.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Good lord.
                        "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Comment

The AP version of this story is complete crap really. It's like someone who is a **** writer slept with an editor to get a good story to write up.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

You can't rely on the police to save you. It was the same way with Columbine. The idiot that said a sad day for the second amendment doesn't know what he's talking about. Banning guns would not have stopped him from getting a gun. On the other hand, if the students were carrying and open fired back...would be a very short day. By the time the police get there it's already too late and most the time they just contain the situation. If anything, this is a call for normal law abiding citizens to start carrying and taking their safety into their own hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X