This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOBIUS
    How about deleting the Eyesofthejerk account and making him use the DL account...

“...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• Originally posted by MJW
      Eric used raceist as an insult.
      http://www.acolumbinesite.com/reports/pissed.gif
      Read the section on the murdered black kid, Isaiah Eamon Shoels from the same site :
      Isaiah Eamon Shoels -- 18 years old
      Wanted to be a comedian, dreamed of becoming a music executive. After graduating he wanted to attend an arts college. Friends nicknamed him "Bushwick". Born with a heart defect, his parents said he was a fighter who overcame his disability and went on to play football. He was studying in the library with Matt Kechter and Craig Scott when the shooters entered the building. The last words he heard were from a killer spewing racial hatred. He died in the library from a gunshot wound to the chest.
      I added the bolding.
      Last edited by Dr Strangelove; April 16, 2007, 19:08.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Enough of the personal crap... get back on topic. This is a serious issue, and all some of you want to do is throw around insults.

ENOUGH!
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He could be using a software router, and thus could've registered with a different IP-address. You don't even have to be a script kiddie anymore in order to use onion routers. Then again, I'm not sure whether Eyesofthenight is smart enough to even think of that.

There have been quite a few cases of schoolkids blowing up and/or shooting people to death in Europe during the last 10 years. They just don't make big news, and they certainly aren't reported and dramatized on the front pages of American newspapers in the same way as American incidents of similar nature are reported on the front pages of European newspapers.

I don't know what's the reason for this double standard, but my guess is that Americans aren't insecure enough about their future in order to escape their own problems to endless over-representation of America's problems. Europeans media seems to be trying very much to upkeep it's early 80s-originating schadenfreude towards USA, whether it's based on imaginative problems or reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Read the section on the murdered black kid, Isaiah Eamon Shoels from the same site : Isaiah Eamon Shoels -- 18 years old
            Wanted to be a comedian, dreamed of becoming a music executive. After graduating he wanted to attend an arts college. Friends nicknamed him "Bushwick". Born with a heart defect, his parents said he was a fighter who overcame his disability and went on to play football. He was studying in the library with Matt Kechter and Craig Scott when the shooters entered the building. The last words he heard were from a killer spewing racial hatred. He died in the library from a gunshot wound to the cheast.

I added the bolding.
            I think my case is still stronger. I cannot find it using the link. They might have misquoted Eric to make he look as evil as possible. Like when he asked some female "Do you belive in God" after shooting her. She said yes because that is what her parents told her. In real life Harris just walked away but in the book "She said yes" it was killed that he killed her. In real life he wasted her (she was hiding) from before she could do anything.

I think Eric Harris was an evil person but not a racist because he used that term as an insult.
            “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• Since when was outing someone who is using a DL a personal insult...?

P.S.

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Ming. I'm acting poorly. Don't hurt VJ because he likely cross posted with you.

Comment

Wrong. Attacking alone is a sucide and they can not get organized to attack all at once. They would not attack right away because they are too stuned by the shooter. The have their lives to lose because they can escape using the doors and the shooter has no way to get them all. It only takes 3 seconds to reload and he can always keep a loaded gun.
                  the people on flight 93 didn't think this. granted they weren't up against guns. You are going to die either way. might as well try something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis

the people on flight 93 didn't think this. granted they weren't up against guns. You are going to die either way. might as well try something.
                    But they had nothing to lose and time to get organized... Read my post.

Comment

• The comparison is flawed if we presume that the people on flight 93 believed it was a suicide attack which was going to surely kill all the people in the airplane. You can't jump out of an airplane mid-flight. You can try to run away from a school area.

Comment

Ming. I'm acting poorly. Don't hurt VJ because he likely cross posted with you.
                        We understand what a cross post is, and I usually don't punish for them (unless they are really over the line )

But if "that" discussion continues...

We don't mind some spam in spammy threads... but this is a serious one. Stay on topic.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by VJ
                          The comparison is flawed if we presume that the people on flight 93 believed it was a suicide attack which was going to surely kill all the people in the airplane. You can't jump out of an airplane mid-flight. You can try to run away from a school area.
                          why didn't they try to run away?

It's too soon to know the details. Not everyone is courageous. But I would have thought some big football player would have charged the guy if he saw everyone else being killed.

oh wait, they were engineering students. That explains it.

Comment

wtf?

they did in the school
                            if they ran away on the plane they would expoled when they hit the ground.

Comment

It's too soon to know the details. Not everyone is courageous. But I would have thought some big football player would have charged the guy if he saw everyone else being killed.
                              It really depends so much of the circumstances whether anyone dares to try to wrestle the gun(s) away or not and where do the students run away to that it's hard to answer quickly and decisively. In Columbine High School, IIRC most students ran away -- to other classrooms where they kept quiet.

The bottom line is, kids facing death from the barrel of a gun on a school face an alternative to dying or confronting their killer. Passengers 8 km above ground level, in an isolated airplane which is soon to be completely blown up in an explosion do not. The questions of the two different situations are "If you don't have to be the one who dies, why not try to save yourself?" versus "If you're going to die anyway, why not die as a hero?". Everyone who doesn't freeze from panic will try to play a hero in the latter case. Only people who seek martyrhood for the community or are very sure of their fighting skills will try to play hero in the former case.

It doesn't have to matter, either. If the shooter has thought about what he's going to do, he has a decent weapon and keeps his distance to the students while firing, so everyone trying to jump on him gets shot far before they can pose a threat of any kind. There can be plenty of room to keep your distance from other people in a school. There certainly isn't in a passenger jet.

Comment

• HEY... What part of my warning did you not understand. If I have to delete another post, the user will get restricted for my efforts!
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X