No announcement yet.

What are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every purpose in sex (and everything else we do) is ultimately about pleasing ourselves in some way.

What do you believe should be the appropriate purpose in sex?
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

20% are fruit loops? Sounds right.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You are having a real hard time seeing outside of our hedonistic point of reference.

While I am not claiming that sex's prime purpose in procreation (I will let BK do that), I think I will claim that the reason for sex should be emotional, rather than the persuit of pleasure.

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

And I know someone just jacked with the votes. Jackass, whoever it was.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

jacked with the votes?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              You are having a real hard time seeing outside of our hedonistic point of reference.

While I am not claiming that sex's prime purpose in procreation (I will let BK do that), I think I will claim that the reason for sex should be emotional, rather than the persuit of pleasure.

Jon Miller
              Even when I was with a girl I felt I loved very deeply, for me atleast, the sex wasn't an emotional affair.

It's different for different people, I expect. My attitudes about sex changed alot once I started having it though. Experience counts.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                GASP!!!!

Cleanse yourself of such filthy desires and temptations, JM! Get in touch with BK so that he may save you!

Completely strait. The thought of same sex relationships has never appealed to me. I can appreciate a pretty woman but i wouldnt want to screw her.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Forging an emotional bond doesn't have anything to do with pleasure? You are using an extremely narrow definition of "pleasure." And the emotional bonding comes from the shared pursuit of physical pleasure; otherwise, why not just play a game of Go or, better yet, have a conversation?
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

You have a narrow view of sex. Basically, I Think it should be an emotional thing primarily. And treating it as a pleasure thing primarily hurts it as emotional bonding for many people.

It is well known that hormone and chemcial response plays a big role in emotional bondings, like the between a mother and her offspring. Same in sex. And just like with a mother and her offspring (having no bond), so can sex's emotional impact be lessened by those who view it only or primarily in light of it's aspects of pleasure.

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

While I am not claiming that sex's prime purpose in procreation (I will let BK do that).
                      Where have I said that?

Sex is all about pleasure. If you aren't having fun then you aren't doing it right.

The difference is that I think the babymaking part of it is essential to the pleasure. The two are wrapped up together.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Get in touch with BK so that he may save you!
                        I don't understand why people believe that Christians have fewer desires then most people. I would think just the opposite.

Christ came for the sinners not the perfect, and it is always the dregs of society that have came to believe in him.

People who believe they are already perfect aren't going to go to the altar and admit to God that they need help and that they can't do it alone.

Christianity isn't about the negation of desire, but about the redirection of that desire into more positive channels.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Hetero. I'm note even remotely sexually attracted to men.
                          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Gotta love listening to virgins wax philosophical about the True Meaning of Sex.
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                                Gotta love listening to virgins wax philosophical about the True Meaning of Sex.
                                YOUR_WINNER!

Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X