Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you, as a meat-eater, justify the violence inherent in your food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

I just had an omelette's. It was delicious.

You are missing out, coward.
    I know that omelettes are delicious, having eaten them many times before.

Rape is pleasureable to the rapist, too. Usually gives him a thrill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian

I *love* eating lamb, though I eat it only rarely (holidays, basically). Far more than pork. But there is the matter of whether the way lamb is raised & killed is "humane" (SR's "merciful" is probably better). Meh.

-Arrian
      I actually DanSed you. I said the opposite of what I meant.

I like lamb more than I like pork, and would choose to give up pork first.

Sorry for the confusion.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by aneeshm

I know that omelettes are delicious, having eaten them many times before.
        Clearly you are exactly like a rapist then

I denounce you.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• You bastard. I re-read your post and had a "wow, I'm losing it, I thought he said it the other way 'round!" moment.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian

This is where we disagree. I don't really see why we shouldn't eat pigs, cows or chicken.

Push came to shove, I don't see why we couldn't eat dolphins or monkeys, but it's something I'd just rather not do.

-Arrian
            Similarly, we think that meat is something we'd rather just not eat. We also express a mild preference that others do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

???

You don't see how it's less okay to eat an animal that might have the first glimmerings of self-consciousness than an animal which almost certainly doesn't?
              I could see taking self-consciousness, along with avoidance of predators, ability to feel pain, ability to feel emotions, etc in judging where to begin in not eating animals. Its the A. Intelligence as the only criterion and the B. Below a certain level of intelligence, eating meat being 100% morally neutral that gives me pause.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by aneeshm
                Rape is pleasureable to the rapist, too. Usually gives him a thrill.
                So you're comparing rape victims to chicken eggs? Because a rape victim doesn't enjoy being raped, we shouldn't eat eggs?
                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Just had a look at the shopping list my wife gave me for today.

1 loaf of bread
                  1 pack of sliced toast
                  10 eggs
                  2 fried chicken halves

Comment

• Originally posted by Wycoff
                    Because a rape victim doesn't enjoy being raped, we shouldn't eat eggs?
                    The logic is rock solid...I know that I'm convinced

Can we close this thread now?
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• By the way, I don't think we've had enough discussion about the way that aneeshm claimed that chicken eggs were abortions/foeticides, then after it was pointed out how dumb a statement that was proceeded to claim he had never said any such thing.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Let me make a few things clear:

I do not consider vegetarians superior to others.

I do not consider myself superior to others.

I do think that it would be better for humans, animals, and in general the world, if every one of the human race were vegetarians.

Comment

• aneeshm - you might be interested in this

folks who think religion is irrelevant to ethics - you will find nothing of interest there.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Similarly, we think that meat is something we'd rather just not eat. We also express a mild preference that others do the same.
                            A mild preference? Yeah right.

"How do you justify your vicious murder of the poor ansimals!?!?" [/"mild"]

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

Red herring.

NEE NAH NEE NAH NEE NAH NEE NAH NEE NAH NEE NAH

" Doctor doctor- he has an ironic infarction and acute humour deprivation ! "

" Nurse- I recommend an immediate dose of the Marx Brothers, followed up by intravenous Dorothy Parker. Nothing else can save the patient from his own po-facedness! "
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                                Just had a look at the shopping list my wife gave me for today.

1 loaf of bread
                                1 pack of sliced toast
                                10 eggs
                                2 fried chicken halves

no fruits and veggies, lost of cholesterol.

Shes clearly trying to kill you.

Comment

Working...
                                X