No announcement yet.

Hydrogen car in 2010! And its a rotary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but not the end of automobile developement. But as far as these types of engines goes, possibly yes.

But it's pretty clear if it is chosen as the winning technology for the next x decades, it won't just disappear, why? Because the hot topic of climate change, it's such a huge topic, it doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with it, but it's a huge topic none of the less.

The question is where the money in it is, we know there's a whole bunch of new money to be made but the industry just needs to make the first strong step towards it. No one wants to be the first one to try it out with full force and lose because "it was too soon". They need government help, as in tax breaks for customers, support for the pumps (as in they'll be made) and stuff like that.

But rest assured, this won't die down as long as we have thsi hot topic, and I don't see it going away anytime soon. Already in here it was maybe the only topic that was adopted by all parties in their election campagn a month ago. Every single party was for this climate change thing being top priority. So it's not going to die, the EU is a fascist region when it comes to these reducing pollution stuff, it won't go away in here at least, and there will be market for them and let's not forget how big of a consumer market the EU is. The US will get there too, or maybe they can even lead the way with their big automobile industry.

Who knows, but if it is chosen as the primary technology, it will be dominating at some point. Not soon, but at some point it will. It'll be a matter of restricting laws about pollution, tax breaks and a combination of all kinds of things.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      The US will get there too, or maybe they can even lead the way with their big automobile industry.
      I'd vote for Japan first. The US automobile industry is in decline through out the world right now. Ford and GM are in financial difficulty.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Japan might, yeah.. that's a reasonable estimation. Well, as long as someone does, that's what matters.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Logically, financially and environmentally, hydro should be the end of it as its the same thing as a gas engine. The only difference is that water and steam leaks out of the exhaust instead of CO2.

There has been a concern though that the humidity factor could increase dramatically during rush hour...

Spec.
          Current cars already put out about half as much water per unit of energy as a hydrogen car would.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And look at the humidity index we get each year.

Its way way worst than when I was a kid.

Think its has anything to do with it? If so, imagine with hydro cars.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

And look at the humidity index we get each year.

Its way way worst than when I was a kid.
              Do you have any sort of factual basis for this claim?
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What is wrong with humidity anyway. Dry skin sucks.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Its just something I and everyone else around me noticed

And I also heard it on Daily planet...but its hard to quote a TV show...

So no, I dont have factual basis.

So I must be lying.

Spec.

Comment

You MUST be lying if you don't have the facts.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      You MUST be lying if you don't have the facts.
                      According to KH, you are.

But turns out I'm right. I wasted time just for him.

So tell me how that doesn't make any sense KH. I has to be wrong, since its not coming from your majesty KH!

So do you think rush hours and the humidity index rising are connected? I seriously dont know, but it would make sense since in cities the humidity factor is always way higher than in the suburbs.

Spec.

Comment

So I must be lying.

Spec.
                        Did I say you were lying, Sally Sensitive?
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I missed that one too.. COME ON SPEC! You dirty liar, you can do better than that!
                          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Did I say you were lying, Sally Sensitive?
                            Not is this thread, yet. I prevented that with my anticipated answer.

Its just your usual attitude thats all.

No facts, than I assume you are wrong.

Spec.

Comment

Did you even bother to read your source?

It claims that what they're using as a humidity index decreased from the middle to the end of the twentieth century through most of north america.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Your argument doesn't matter.

More humidity = better.
                                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X