Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The bible supports the morning after pill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatever. you "pwned" me. now excuse me i am suffering terribly from a psychotic disease...
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Well then we can get back to the topic at hand where I prove that all forms of pre implantation birth control are okay by the bible.
      APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Wycoff:

No need to dismiss the text.

The text says before God made us in the womb, he knew us, implying that our existence begins prior to our development inside the womb.

Which would be entirely consistant with the view that conception is the origin of human life.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Incorrect, my friend! It said god made us in the womb. The part about knowing you before does imply existance elsewhere (as a concept in God's mind perhaps), but not in a physical format.
          APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure that God would be able to know my future grandkids and great grandkids (if they come to pass) well before they were conceived .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Incorrect, my friend! It said god made us in the womb. The part about knowing you before does imply existance elsewhere (as a concept in God's mind perhaps), but not in a physical format.
              It implies personal existance. He knew you, not the idea of you as that would completely ruin the idea behind the statement.

He knew you.

It is possible to exist in a physical manner, though 'unformed'. I can't think of a better way to describe the earliest parts of individual existance then unformed. Before we take on the characteristics that we have come to associate with people.

We don't have the hands, organs dimensions, senses, affections and passions. Hence we are unformed at this stage of our lives.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                But the pill in general you do have a problem with?
                No, why should I?
                I never understood the RC point there.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                  I prefer condoms.
                  Sure:
                  People who rely on the morning after pill as normal contraception are nothing but poor idiots because the percentage of a morning after pill not working is not so small.

However, should the condom fail and you notice it can be a good thing.

Happened to me once, condom broke, g/f took the morning after pill - now we have a cute 4-year-old.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Ben Kenobi: The text says before God made us in the womb, he knew us, implying that our existence begins prior to our development inside the womb.

No, it says that God's knowledge of us begins before our creation. God knew about us before he created us.
                    I don't think it's a good idea to explain the 'technical' start of life as some kind of a production of souls, as in: "as soon as the sperm and the ovum conceive a new soul has been born, no matter if it dies within seconds because of natural or other means"

If you claim that nontheless then I think that on the new earth about 20% of the people will never have putted a foot upon the old earth.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                    X