X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauphin
    To explain who Eddie Izzard is.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

You are wrong. The British have a much better claim on the islands due to 1) everyone on the islands (the people who should determine the fate of the islands) want the islands to remain British 2) Possession is 9/10ths of the law and the British have had the islands for 174 years.

Get over it.
      I am not argentine, I am bolivian (which doesnt make it better, since we still claim a corridor to the pacific ocean thru Chile)

But why dont you read your previous post?

The Argentines care for no good reason and in fact are just taught in school that it is part of Argentina. The reality is a Spanish ship stopping in the 1700's and then not coming back doesn't make much of a claim on the islands when another country actually colonized it.
      I only corrected that,
      Britain acknowledged the islands belonged to Spain, and the islands were colonized by Argentina, the population was expelled when the brits conquered the islands, the islands were once part of Argentina, for real, de facto, with a population there and ruled from Buenos Aires.

I actually agree with you about the people living there now wanting to remain english is more important than the argentine claims.
      I need a foot massage

Comment

I thought the Argies were kicked out a couple of times by the Yanks of all people.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha

Hawaii's had its current flag since 1816, sir.
          Naw, Cook gave them that flag but that doesn't mean the Hawaiian natives liked it. Still, the Union Jack looks nice on that flag. It's actually the only American state to have a Union Jack on it's state flag.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Wrong as usual, Oerdin.

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

How's that?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They killed Cook in 1779, for one.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Plastic Scotchers getting wound up

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                    I thought the Argies were kicked out a couple of times by the Yanks of all people.
                    If I recall correctly, the argies had detained some whale hunting ships of the USA found in their waters, a yank warship traveling around the world found the american whale ships there, set them free and destroyed the settlement (which was only a few dozens people)
                    Later the islands were occupied again by Argentina, but it lasted only a few months since the british invaded soon after
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

Which returns us to the argument of who settled first, which would be the Argentinians if what you say is true, validating their claim over the British. However, if the current inhabitants don't want to be Argentinians and view themselves as British, the UK seems to have the more valid claim.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I agree
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

I say give the islands to Bolivia. I'm sure they'd appreciate having an oceanic shoreline again.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                            Argentina

If the article is to be believed, the islanders don't wish to be part of Argentina. That in and of itself is enough to reject the Argentine claim.
                            awesome
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                            X