No announcement yet.

Argies looking to take Falklands...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Hawaiians are in possession of it.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Not so much.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
        For the uninitiated, why do either country - much less the UK at 8,000 miles away - give two sh*ts about these islands?
        Strategic sheep purposes.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          I just saw the date on this. It must be an April fool's joke.
          March 30 is close to april 1 - maybe they were in a hurry
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

By that score, we could include all sorts of American Indian claims. Doesn't seem like a worthwhile exercise, to be honest.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
              And the Hawaiians are in possession of it.
              They're obviously not souvereign.

But I'm not giving this example to point to "another US cruelty" or anything like that but to show that there are more examples for strong demographic arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                By that score, we could include all sorts of American Indian claims. Doesn't seem like a worthwhile exercise, to be honest.
                How convenient.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                  Hawaii was acquired by violent aggression IIRC.
                  Yes, but they were primative natives who obviously needed civilizing by the white man. That and the U.S. Sugar Company needed a place to plant more sugar.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh and it's in a convenient strategic position off the US west coast though not the only one in the pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy

They're obviously not souvereign.

But I'm not giving this example to point to "another US cruelty" or anything like that but to show that there are more examples for strong demographic arguments.
                      They didn't have a flag. That's the rule. No flag, no country.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Come on, that was obviously not the Hawaiian position on the issue. By that logic the US could have dictated whatever "rule" to justify annexations. In the end it all breaks down to power and interests so leave out that bull**** please.

Comment

*sigh* where is Emperor Fabulous when you need him.

Comment

What exactly do you need an artist for?

Comment

To explain who Eddie Izzard is.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

They didn't have a flag. That's the rule. No flag, no country.
                                Hawaii's had its current flag since 1816, sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X