No announcement yet.

Argies looking to take Falklands...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to think of similar disputes involving the U.S., but can't think of any. Can any of you?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

NEVER FORGET
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The alamo?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

$100 for a pig?! In 1850?
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

NEVER FORGET
            I learned about that humorous incident playing Victoria.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
              The alamo?
              No, we stole Texas fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                I just saw the date on this. It must be an April fool's joke.
                What date did the war start on, brainiac?
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                  It says something about Britain that we're so determined to cling onto desolate little specks of rock with no obvious value.

The Falklands, South Georgia, Pitcairn, Scotland...

But Scotland gave the world Clan Rose of Kilravock...
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Hawaii was acquired by violent aggression IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas

So it is not as if they have a worse claim than the english,
                      You are wrong. The British have a much better claim on the islands due to 1) everyone on the islands (the people who should determine the fate of the islands) want the islands to remain British 2) Possession is 9/10ths of the law and the British have had the islands for 174 years.

Get over it.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                        It says something about Britain that we're so determined to cling onto desolate little specks of rock with no obvious value.

The Falklands, South Georgia, Pitcairn, Scotland...
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                          Hawaii was acquired by violent aggression IIRC.
                          Does anybody else have a claim to Hawaii?

Comment

Maybe Guantanamo bay?
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

No, we only have a lease to that. We don't claim that as our own.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Does anybody else have a claim to Hawaii?
                                The Hawaiians.
                                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                                X