No announcement yet.

I was fired today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can call it 24 hour time if you want. But the slang is military time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

1800 IS MILITARY time, FYI
      bahhh. whatever. it's true tho, no one uses that. my parents get annoyed if i answer them with an answer like 17:02 cuz they have to subtract 12.

Comment

• And here in Europe we use it all the time Mostly in writing though - when asked what time it is, people don't normally say 17:30 - they say half past five. But in writing we mostly use 24 hour clock

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• This does remind me, I am going to start a spot of job shopping in the near future. I am going to have to update my curriculum vitae and then off I go
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• i'm going job shopping next week. my options are fewer than yours tho.

Comment

• What kind of jobs are you looking for?

My stuff is a bit more hardcore - this is big career move stuff, but the results should be quite 'lucrative' shall we say?

Which reminds me, I need to speak to Zop about something
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• oh. i was thinking along the lines of cashier at Wegman's or working at Panera's.

my friend and i are trying to see where to get a working permit from. like i babysit and make a lot of money doing that, but i want an actual job.

Comment

• The FBI isn't paying enough?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I'm looking for something a little more 'professional' myself
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Working permit? WTF...
                      I never needed any such thing.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• something about child labor laws and us keeping our grades up i think

Comment

• "No person under the age of eighteen shall be employed without a general or vacation employment certificate. The employment certificates are issued by school authorities and must be kept on file. A transferable work permit may be issued at sixteen. A minor issuing a transferable work permit is not required to obtain a new permit or certificate each time they change employers. Work permits can be obtained through your local school district. The Abstract of the Child Labor Law must be posted by every business in Pennsylvania that employs minors."
                          Knox Law is a full-service law firm serving businesses, government entities, nonprofits, insurance companies, financial institutions, individuals and families.

Comment

• I worked at a cannery when I was 16. Only for a month though... it was a nightmare that I successfully blocked from memory.

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                              You can call it 24 hour time if you want. But the slang is military time.
                              Hospitals use it all the rime for charting and for describing shifts-- its just easier
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by b etor
                                "No person under the age of eighteen shall be employed without a general or vacation employment certificate. The employment certificates are issued by school authorities and must be kept on file. A transferable work permit may be issued at sixteen. A minor issuing a transferable work permit is not required to obtain a new permit or certificate each time they change employers. Work permits can be obtained through your local school district. The Abstract of the Child Labor Law must be posted by every business in Pennsylvania that employs minors."
                                http://www.kmgslaw.com/articles/doin...asp#childlabor

Have you hit sixteen yet ? IT seems the transferable permit is the one to get.

WE never had anything like those things and lots of people went working at pretty young ages. Probably not a terrible thing if they don't make it too administratively cumbersome
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X