No announcement yet.

Recommend Dis a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec, why are you acting like most people don't know the difference between torque and horse power? EVERYONE learns that in the most basic high school physics class and in college normally the Phys 101 class will have play with it a bit (making students convert the units and compare for example to some third set of units like newtons or something).
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

With a fixed gun I think manuverability is a pretty good thing, but even with a nonfixed, it's a good thing. It's a predator, not a prey.
      A tank is a predator too, which is why it has a turret to move the gun, instead of extra gears in reverse to run. Like a woman.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec
        Nope.
        Yep. It was his joke. You know, ha ha? Doesn't have to make sense. Doesn't have to be funny either.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I think a Renault Twingo would be very you Dis
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec
            ''Someone'' mentionned a Supra? You know damn well it's me!

So, if you want something new, I recommend an RX-8. 4 doors, well, 2 normal and 2 suicide doors. 4 seats with ''good'' leg room. 255hp, easily tunable to 300hp with slight exhaust and intake mods. 2 hours tops and you can do it yourself. I can tell you how exactly.

As for the Supra, yes, they stopped making it in 2002...but thats in Japan. In the US they stopped in 1997 and in 95 in Canada. Its a 320hp engine with the best reliabilty for a turbo charged engine. Easily tuinnable to 400hp with minor mods. Also has incredible handling that even today surpasses some of the best top end cars.

I also recommend a 350Z. Great handling with ''low'' consumption for its power (297hp). Not as easy to tune since its not a rotary or a turbo charged car. But still a great ride anyhow. As for reliability....I wouldn't know. I've heard horror stories as well as very stasfied customers.

Thats pretty much what I recommend for the same price range.

And never ever say ''someone'' when you damn well know its me Dis! What disrespect!

Spec.
            yes that was spec. I wasn't 100% sure, and was too lazy to check back into that particular thread.

Comment

• You're forgiven.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• BTW, I do like the cars you like, Spec. And do recognize you know more about them than I do.

Also, I do recognize you might just like gas engines.

What I disagreed with you on was your statements without any basis on electric cars, particularly this tesla one.

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I'm still not sure if I'll buy one. I'm undecided if I want to buy another house, or a new car.

I know what I should do for practical reasons. But the fun side of me wants a car. I hate being practical all the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X