Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if you're pro-choice, but still think abortion is a very bad thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

It shouldn't have to be a choice between affording the child, and having an abortion. There should be enough support for the women who has an unplanned pregnancy that she could either place the child up for adoption, or receive the necessities that she needs to keep the child.

I think that if abortion is the only choice for these women then we have let them down.
    Should of, could of, would of, please there is no support for these women. If there was they wouldnt be having abortions. But leaving poverty aside, there are more things involved. Giving a kid up for adoption is as affecting as the abortion, however the repercussions last longer. casue the woman will always know the kid is out there and the kid will wonder all his life why his real mom didnt want him. How is that any better then not living at all?
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      It shouldn't have to be a choice between affording the child, and having an abortion. There should be enough support for the women who has an unplanned pregnancy that she could either place the child up for adoption, or receive the necessities that she needs to keep the child.

I think that if abortion is the only choice for these women then we have let them down.
      You can't do much to support her during the 9 months she has to carry the kid inside herself.

Comment

Mrs. T:

Should of, could of, would of, please there is no support for these women. If there was they wouldnt be having abortions.
        And this is a problem. If women feel that there is no support out there to help them have a child then they are going to abort.

This needs to change. There are plenty of things that could be done, including food, and clothing for the children, as well as assistance with housing and medicine that we should be doing for these women but we don't.

Like I said it is the failure of the society if the woman looks at her child and cannot keep the child because of financial concerns.

But leaving poverty aside, there are more things involved. Giving a kid up for adoption is as affecting as the abortion, however the repercussions last longer.
        Oh, I certainly didn't mean to say that adoption is the prefereable option. I would rather that we give these women the means that they need to raise their children themselves. Adoption is only prefereable because it gives the child a chance to live which the child does not in an abortion.

casue the woman will always know the kid is out there and the kid will wonder all his life why his real mom didnt want him. How is that any better then not living at all?
        It's a hard road for both. I think that this needs to be an option for the mother to know that she can choose to give the child up to another home rather then feel that she has no choice at all but the abortion.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
          In Europe most people are moderate and we see the extreme views in the US as pretty mental.

That said, I think a lot of Americans are pretty moderate on the issue but the ones that aren't are very vocal.
          Where in the OP does it say, "I'd like to hear what the Euroscum of Apolyton think about the opinions of Americans on abortion?"

Comment

Euroscum

Classic Drixnak.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Euroscum is a great word

Comment

From him, it's an honour.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                X