No announcement yet.

"The Proper Way to Hang a Confederate Flag"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, I didn't say anything about your beloved Texas, leave me out of it. My comments were all concerning the supposed 'art'. Frankly, I couldn't care less about whether Texas was a Republic or not; it has little relevance to my life and concerns. Capeche?
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

• Texas immediately did ask to join the US but got turned down because the free states were afraid adding a new slave state would upset the balance in Congress between slave and free states.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Texas "negotiated" their way in to the union because they were too big of pvssy's to fend off the Mexican's themselves... Least that's how I interpret it.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

• I think they asked to join because they didn't think US states surrendered ultimate sovereignty to the federal government. In that case they could enjoy the economic benefits of joining while retaining the option of bailing out if any of the associated costs ever proved to be too unpalatable.

If Texas had been independent after it became clear that such easy unilateral secession wasn't an option I strongly doubt they would have considered joining up for even a moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by monolith94
            Dude, I didn't say anything about your beloved Texas, leave me out of it. My comments were all concerning the supposed 'art'. Frankly, I couldn't care less about whether Texas was a Republic or not; it has little relevance to my life and concerns. Capeche?
            Ok.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Monolith hates Texas!

Let it be known!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• Yeah, I see how he is now.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• yeah, rational
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Before you go chastising anyone, you might want to get your facts straight.

You ought to take your own advice.

History is right there.

Yes, but it so seldom agrees with your interpretation of it.

The truth is, Texas revolted with the intention of joining the United States. But the U.S. did want to look like it was just stealing Texas from Mexico, plus there was the whole slavery thing.

If the U.S. had played coy, California could have pretended to be an independent country for a few years, much like Deseret, or the Republic of Hawaii.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                    X