No announcement yet.

"The Proper Way to Hang a Confederate Flag"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, The Grapes Of Wrath made me want to shoot people while I was reading it.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I had that reaction to The Crucible, not so much The Grapes of Wrath... the latter made me sad, IIRC, but not terribly angry.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Having your country's name on your flag shows hideous taste.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Greatly simplifies heraldry, though.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Independent in 1846.

For like a week.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

What's the likelyhood of getting a Poly BBQ together.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

The only thing more pathetic than the rednecks who attach the confederate flag to their trucks or hang it from their windows are the pussies who piss their pants everytime they see one. The more the flag is reviled and protested against, the longer it will inspire some people to display it proudly.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                  Seriously, The Grapes Of Wrath made me want to shoot people while I was reading it.
                  And yet you became a conservative?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Grapes of Wrath was as much a result of climatic catastrophy as economic. People with money that lost the money might jump from their office window.
                    Grapes of Wrath was about people who had nothing and lost it.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                      The only thing more pathetic than the rednecks who attach the confederate flag to their trucks or hang it from their windows are the pussies who piss their pants everytime they see one. The more the flag is reviled and protested against, the longer it will inspire some people to display it proudly.
                      qft

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        I think we need a constitutional amendment banning the confederate flag.
                        Or one banning Yankee-lovin' carpetbaggin' commies.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Or one banning Yankee-lovin' carpetbaggin' commies.
                          Why don't you go home and rage against history in private?
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

'Cuz it's easier than stealing candy from a baby, and a lot more fun, to wind up a bunch of you people.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                              'Cuz it's easier than stealing candy from a baby, and a lot more fun, to wind up a bunch of you people.
                              I think I'll go burn down Atlanta, it's the only way to be sure

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

I think I'll go burn down Atlanta, it's the only way to be sure
                                Atlanta's full of carpetbaggers. Burn away.

Comment

Working...
                                X