This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackCat
    and under wich kind of system would such be impossible ?
    I'll give you 3 guesses, but you should only need 1.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

I don't think groups should be able to use their money to harm their political enemies or people they hate.
      I am just curious how broad your definition of harm is.

Should a group be able to advertise with messages that are against the message of their "political enemy" ( assume no slander or libel).
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Utopia
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I only need one-- a very nasty nasty system that I hope never to experience

Kid you criticize "money" to harm others but you really should consider resources to harm others as the test. I belive that the use of physical intimidation to coerce a political enemy is at least as objectionable as most uses of money ( other than the hiring of people to do the violence--- and no I do not mean police )
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

I am just curious how broad your definition of harm is.

Should a group be able to advertise with messages that are against the message of their "political enemy" ( assume no slander or libel).
            Advertizing is not harmfull in that way, although most of it is crap.

Comment

Utopia
              Kidtopia maybe but my fear that harming a political enemy would include I don't know-- broadcasting my own views or putting up a billboard or circulating leaflets-- all take some money

Comment

and under wich kind of system would such be impossible ?
                Under this kind.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Do you know the "rat" ad's that the nazis made ?
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Ahh good-- disregard my following post then

Comment

Kid you criticize "money" to harm others but you really should consider resources to harm others as the test. I belive that the use of physical intimidation to coerce a political enemy is at least as objectionable as most uses of money ( other than the hiring of people to do the violence--- and no I do not mean police )
                      Who has been physically intimidated?

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

Under this kind.
                        Just a minor detail - the gov there spends a lot of money on fighting opponent views, so it's a no go.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Do you know the "rat" ad's that the nazis made ?
                          Hey, no one made them believe that ****.

Comment

Just a minor detail - the gov there spends a lot of money on fighting opponent views, so it's a no go.
                            The government has no opponents, and is universally loved.
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Kidtopia maybe but my fear that harming a political enemy would include I don't know-- broadcasting my own views or putting up a billboard or circulating leaflets-- all take some money
                              Just make sure to pick up your trash.

Comment

Who has been physically intimidated?
                                No one wrt this comment-- You talked generally about finding the use of "money" as objectionable to harm a political enemy.

I say if you go down that route you have to consider not only "money" but "resources" which would include money , buildings, cars, political goodwill and people.

I mean if it was wrong for someone to buy a building away from an enemy would it not be equally wrong to

1. use political influence to deny them renovation permits
                                2. use people to blockade said building etc etc

Just clarifying the idea that something can't only be BAD if MONEY causes it

Comment

Working...
                                X