This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laurentius

Sure. It was agreed that it is good social policy to have places like these for young people to spend their time in.
    Ok, no disagreement here. It's just easy to miss something in this thread

Though, if the city is a provider of such, I assume that they also has the right to revoke or move such institutions ?

Ah so they passed...sold the bag full of dog**** with a time bomb to the naive Cult front company. Thats interesting theory. Quite creative I must say.
    That actually makes a lot more sense than those theories about conspiracies amongst the gov and nutty fundies that has been argued for
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
      Were the youth given reason to believe the 1982 deal wasn't temporary?

-Arrian
      Why wouldn't it be?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat
        That actually makes a lot more sense than those theories about conspiracies amongst the gov and nutty fundies that has been argued for
        I've clearly argued that the city tried not to sell the property to the Fundies. You really should stop repeating this you loon.

Comment

• Because the government retained ownership, Kid. That's a big tipoff right there that they reserved the right to use the building for something else if they wanted to.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• We've heard the activists' side of this, and the fundy's version as well. What we have not really heard is the PoV of the city council and the courts. We've heard some from the mayor, police, etc, via the news articles.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Were the youth given reason to believe the 1982 deal wasn't temporary?

When someone is letting you use something for free, it's usually wise to be nice to them.
              When someone lets you use something for free for 17 years you start to think it's yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by laurentius
                Apparently so. Thats why they are protesting.
                Nope. They had no reason to belive such. It's probably a mix of people hearing what they wan't to hear and several years of repeating it so they belive it to be the truth.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Because the government retained ownership, Kid. That's a big tipoff right there that they reserved the right to use the building for something else if they wanted to.

-Arrian
                  These people do not care about all this contract stuff. They see it as the govt gave them something, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

When someone lets you use something for free for 17 years you start to think it's yours.
                    Oops.

-Arrian

Comment

• ?

Comment

• These people do not care about all this contract stuff. They see it as the govt gave them something, period.
                        And they're wrong, which is really all I've been saying.

-Arrian

Comment

And they're wrong, which is really all I've been saying.

-Arrian
                          That doesn't mean they are wrong. It simply means they have a different POV.

Comment

We've heard the activists' side of this, and the fundy's version as well. What we have not really heard is the PoV of the city council and the courts. We've heard some from the mayor, police, etc, via the news articles.

-Arrian
                            The Apolyton Senate hearings will continue. We will not rest until we have heard stories from all sides. Then we will vote 5 times and if we wont reach an agreement charges will be dropped.
                            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

No. Im not gonna say it. It would be too cruel.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Because the government retained ownership, Kid. That's a big tipoff right there that they reserved the right to use the building for something else if they wanted to.

-Arrian
                                No offense, but the government (as in state) isn't involved - it's the city council/mayor/"whatever you damn english speaking people call it" that did it.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X