Jeez, I'm sick of passwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have three that I use.

Long words with numbers interspersed. I switch between the three fairly often. Haven't had any troubles remembering them since I've used them all for a long time.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

I do that to some extent, but I always run afoul of something. For example, one of my bank sites demand an all-numeric password; another demand that you use an 8-character password consisting of exacly four letters and four numbers; etc.
      That sort of thing - exactly 4 letters and 4 numbers - is very insecure. It reduces the pool of possible passwords.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I do a similar thing in that I have three classes of passwords, low,med,high, and I use various variations of passwords to increase my number of 'passwords' without increasing significantly my number required to be remembered.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

A friend of mine has all his passwords on a text file on his computer. I'm thinking of doing the same. Is he foolhardy?
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Are you trolling?

Comment

Are you talking to me? If so, no.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Then the answer is: yes, it's incredibly foolhardy.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                  A friend of mine has all his passwords on a text file on his computer. I'm thinking of doing the same. Is he foolhardy?
                  I hope his computer doesn't crash, taking all of his passwords with it.

I hope no one gains illegal access to his computer.

I hope he doesn't trade in his computer when he buys a new one, and the dealer accesses his hard drive.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he backed it up. I told him he should probably encrypt it. He told me I was being paranoid.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he backed it up. I told him he should probably encrypt it. He told me I was being paranoid.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

A friend of mine has all his passwords on a text file on his computer

Printing those passwords and hang them on his wall sounds more secure
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

That sort of thing - exactly 4 letters and 4 numbers - is very insecure. It reduces the pool of possible passwords.
                          I know! It drives me nuts; they go to the trouble of asking for a password, for security, then come up with a system that reduces security. I actually have one account that demands a password of exactly four numbers.
                          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Let me guess, something along the line of 042891?
                            Of course her pass word isnt that we all know its 8675309
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X