I feel violated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubber

You can live elsewhere. You can own your own home . I pay no rent although I do pay interest.

Taxation is compulsory.
    Bull tax is no more compulsory then rent. Not everyone can afford to own their own home.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      No, I think I have to wait for next year.

Kid, how do they know what to tax, that's because payrolls always let the state know what I earned, income tax was already deducted from that, and as far as other capital goes, well, they know that too. You have to file for that stuff, if you, for example go and start owning stuff, stocks etc. Because that will be taxed as well. Everything is filed during the year, mostly it's automatic so you don't have to worry about it too much.
      Ok, thanx. I didn't know that. Here you can make it so that you don't get much taken out if you want although you are suppose to make sure that you pay your taxes throughout the year. In our situation however you would be able to get that money back soon.

Comment

Hey, Pekka, at least Finland gives you a prostate exam while they've got you bent over...

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Bull tax is no more compulsory then rent. Not everyone can afford to own their own home.
          Um, what? Tax is very much compulsory in the U.S. Even to the point that you are to supposed to declare Internet purchases so the state can correctly implement sales tax.

People have gone to jail thinking taxes were not compulsory.

And I have no idea what kind of corrilary you are trying to draw between tax and rent. That just looses me.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah

Um, what? Tax is very much compulsory in the U.S. Even to the point that you are to supposed to declare Internet purchases so the state can correctly implement sales tax.

People have gone to jail thinking taxes were not compulsory.

And I have no idea what kind of corrilary you are trying to draw between tax and rent. That just looses me.

Tom P.
            Taxes are a game. Play by the rules and you can play less taxes. Two people with the same amt of money can have two very different tax rates.

Comment

Don't be intentionally obtuse.

Taxation is government imposed, legislated and legally compulsory. While you can play within the rules to lessen your taxes, you cannot change the fact of tyhe rates that you are legally required to pay or face state sanctions including the possibility of prison.

Rent is a legal contract between two private parties. Ther landlord only has the contractual rights and has no power of the state. You are free to rent from whomever you want. Is it necessary for many? sure -- but so is food and clothing. Why does the seller of accomodations draw your ire and not the seller of groceries
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Don't be intentionally obtuse.

Taxation is government imposed, legislated and legally compulsory. While you can play within the rules to lessen your taxes, you cannot change the fact of tyhe rates that you are legally required to pay or face state sanctions including the possibility of prison.

Rent is a legal contract between two private parties. Ther landlord only has the contractual rights and has no power of the state. You are free to rent from whomever you want. Is it necessary for many? sure -- but so is food and clothing. Why does the seller of accomodations draw your ire and not the seller of groceries
                There's no legal difference between the two. Because of the legal and economic system I am forced to pay rent and I most certainly can not change the rates that I pay for rent, WTF?, even if I go to another landlord I still have to pay about the same. If you disagree with those things all I can say is that you are being intentionally obtuse not me.

Why the hell should I be pissed at having to buy groceries? Everyone has to do that. I should be no more pissed about having to buy groceries as I am about paying taxes.

Comment

There's no legal difference between the two. Because of the legal and economic system I am forced to pay rent and I most certainly can not change the rates that I pay for rent, WTF?, even if I go to another landlord I still have to pay about the same. If you disagree with those things all I can say is that you are being intentionally obtuse not me.

Why the hell should I be pissed at having to buy groceries? Everyone has to do that. I should be no more pissed about having to buy groceries as I am about paying taxes.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because of the legal and economic system I am forced to pay for goceries and I most certainly can not change the rates that I pay for groceries, WTF?, even if I go to another grocery store I still have to pay about the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So again I ask why the big fooferall about rent and never about groceries.
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

50% for rent is too much, you just live in too expensive area. If you HAVE to live there, then you just make too little money.

Fix either of those two and problem solved.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      50% for rent is too much, you just live in too expensive area. If you HAVE to live there, then you just make too little money.

Fix either of those two and problem solved.
                      ahh but Pekka the commie seems to reject "personal choice" as a factor in such things

Comment

I have a friend that used to say "I need a raise, I have too many bills". I never could convince him that his pay didn't depend on his bills, his bills should depend on his pay.

Oh, well.
                        Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
                          I have a friend that used to say "I need a raise, I have too many bills". I never could convince him that his pay didn't depend on his bills, his bills should depend on his pay.

Oh, well.
                          Tom P.

THat reminds me of these "financial rescue" shows you can see on TV now. People will pay 4000 out per month and do it month after month when they net 3000 per month and not even realize there is a proble as they juggle balances between their dozen credit cards

Comment

I think they need to bring back HomeEc in highschool.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                              I think they need to bring back HomeEc in highschool.

-Arrian
                              It does seem to be badly needed. It is shocking how many people seem to have no CLUE they are slowly sliding into debt as they pay off the "minimum payment" on their credit card each month

Comment

That being said, I don't really see how that applies to the issue of one's rent being 50% of salary. One may need to work on getting a better job, or finding a cheaper place to live, but I can understand being frustrated by that situation.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                                X