Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riots! In! Montreal! Cause: Rebel car dealership open on weekends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

I was trying to go further the BS people are spouting and offer a reasonable explanation why salespeople would be angry over this.

Either way, - open saturdays or not - I don't give much of a ****. But it's silly to get all passionately indignated over workers flexing a bit of muscle to defend their interests.
    It's wrong to condemn violence now?

So if Apple continues to dominate the mp3 player market, it's competitors should have their employees go smash some Apple stores rather than improve their own products? I really have trouble seeing how the workers' actions are anything but morally reprehensible.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

We know why they're angry. We think their reasons are bull**** and they should suck it up.

But it's silly to get all passionately indignated over employers flexing a bit of muscle to defend their interests.

we should arrest strikers

Comment

And you know stuff is wrong when people get all hot and heavy about their right to buy stuff. I pay therefore I am!
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          We know why they're angry. We think their reasons are bull**** and they should suck it up.

But it's silly to get all passionately indignated over employers flexing a bit of muscle to defend their interests.

we should arrest strikers
          The competing employers probably have something to do with it, duh.

Comment

I'm speaking in general, duh.

Comment

Somebody needs to watch Falling Down.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'd think the opposite way... you know why they're angry, so suck it up and accept that angry people scratch cars.

Comment

So if I'm an angry consumer because I can only shop for cars after working all day Mon-Fri, I can go punch a member of the "sucky auto dealers of Montreal" or whatever it's called?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Violence and property damage is okay if you're angry

Comment

They were also trying to prevent customers from even shopping at the dealership. Sounds remarkably like what very angry pro-lifer's do blocking abortion clinics

Comment

Angry Montreal car salesman defense

Somebody call Cockrane.

-Arrian

Comment

They were also trying to prevent customers from even shopping at the dealership. Sounds remarkably like what very angry pro-lifer's do blocking abortion clinics
                          And those are the not-angry ones. The angry ones use firebombs

-Arrian

Comment

I like this philosophy.

Comment

Violence is what the world relies on to function. I'm not particularly moved by it, no, especially when you're talking about a ****ing scratch on a ****ing used car in a ****ing crappy suburb of Montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                                Violence is what the world relies on to function. I'm not particularly moved by it, no, especially when you're talking about a ****ing scratch on a ****ing used car in a ****ing crappy suburb of Montreal.
                                Well it is the proverbial storm in a tea cup, but we are still essentially talking about far more important things:

1) Acceptability of violence in labour disputes.
                                2) Restrictions on trade.
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X