Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riots! In! Montreal! Cause: Rebel car dealership open on weekends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    Here's to Montreal! Drinking in the street.
    I'd post pics, but this is a family site.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Let's see.
      Attached Files
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Let me get this straight... aside from this one dealership, one cannot shop for cars on the weekend in Montreal? When the **** are you supposed to do it, then? WTF?

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

There's a protest against police brutality scheduled in a couple of weeks. Now that should be a riot.

Although I do hear that the organizers are trying to make it more "family friendly" this year... I find that a bit unrealistic however, given the topic of the protest.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
            There's a protest against police brutality scheduled in a couple of weeks. Now that should be a riot.

Although I do hear that the organizers are trying to make it more "family friendly" this year... I find that a bit unrealistic however, given the topic of the protest.
            Yea! Lets march against Police Brutality and destroy everything! That'll prove our point!

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Destroy everything? :???: Where'd you get that?

There will almost certainly be violence, but it's to be expected given the crowd that is drawn to it and the fact that it's one of the rare cases when what you're protesting is right there in your face. If the police don't show up armed for a fight, there probably wouldn't be any incident at all.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                Let me get this straight... aside from this one dealership, one cannot shop for cars on the weekend in Montreal? When the **** are you supposed to do it, then? WTF?

-Arrian
                QFT. Quebec is ****ing stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

USA! USA! USA!

Have you ever been here or are you just acting like the typical american?

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Dealerships are open really late on weekdays.

That being said, it's wicked annoying
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Spec, for what it's worth, I have been to Quebec. Montreal in the specific. Granted, I went up for a weekend to party, so I cannot claim personal knowledge of what it's like to shop for a car up there. I can say that I can well imagine what it would be like, however, to be restricted to Mon-Fri, even if the dealerships are open late (they're open late down here too, but are also open on weekends). When you are working full time, the weekend is by far and away the best time to shop for a car. It's either that or you need to drag it out over time (if you intend to actually shop around so you don't get totally screwed).

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I know a lot of people who bring some alcohol in a coke bottle or something so that they can pregame a bit... considering that drinks at the clubs cost $10 I can understand that...

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

People, get your facts straight: it's not that it's forbidden, it's a choice by the association of car dealers or whatever, against which the guy decided to rebel.
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                            People, get your facts straight: it's not that it's forbidden, it's a choice by the association of car dealers or whatever, against which the guy decided to rebel.
                            Medieval guilds

Quebec is backwards.

Comment

Right, and when a dealership chose to open on a weekend, not only were they expelled from the association (which is fine, AFAIC), but the association sent ~60 people in to protest and try to prevent the dealership from conducting its business.

The association of car dealers up there in Montreal is teh stupid, then, hows that? Better? Of course, their policy has nothing to do with being in Quebec.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                                Right, and when a dealership chose to open on a weekend, not only were they expelled from the association (which is fine, AFAIC), but the association sent ~60 people in to protest and try to prevent the dealership from conducting its business.
                                Not just that, they caused property damage and would have caused more without the police there.

Comment

Working...
                                X