LOST : Season 3 Spoilers by default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so, it continues: Locke, WTF?

He's just a ****ing pyromaniac, isn't he?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Okay, Locke is nuts. Why blow the sub? No one was making him leave if he didn't want to...
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

This show is going down hill.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Nonsense. The season's just been getting better after the relationship crap was dealt with in the first part. Desmond and Locke are carrying the weight right now, and all Locke flashback episodes so far, including the latest one, have been brilliant WTF rides. It's not as excellent as before but it's picking up and maintaining pace.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'm actually enjoying it more than season 1. Season 1, to me, was too uneven. Besides, I enjoy there being a constant mystery (Others), instead of various pretty abstract mysteries. I also like how there have been some answers, too, in the last 2-3 episodes.

Even better, after having 3 episodes without Jack (well, a glimpse in the last one), my annoyance towards him has passed and I didn't dislike him now at all. All the Locke episodes have been great . And the ending on this one was an excellent WTF.

Comment

Next week is the Nikki & Paolo episode that supposedly contains the biggest twist of the season. Is this when we'll find out what Desmond did that lead to Nikki & Paolo getting on Flight 815 instead of Rose & Bernard?
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Excuse me?

Comment

There's a theory floating around teh internets that posits that Nikki & Paolo's abrupt appearance on the beach (and the fact that Rose & Bernard haven't been seen since Desmond woke up naked in the jungle) is explained by the fact that Desmond made some changes in past events that led to Nikki & Paolo getting on Flight 815 instead of Rose & Bernard.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Well, that'd be totally crazy. If so, it would actually suck, because Nikki & Paolo, despite being credited as main cast, haven't played any role in season 3 so far. Both were absent from most episodes, and only had minor scenes when present.

Comment

So if R&B never got on the plane, then none of their scenes ever happened? Bernard with the tailies? Rose talking to Locke about them both being healed? Rose is still dying of cancer in Australia?

That would suck something fierce.

Comment

that would make me sad

Comment

So....theories on Locke's pappy?

scam the wrong person, end up on lostie island?

an illusion like jack's dad, echo's bro, the polar bear?

Comment

I'll go with polar bear in disguise. Those are some crafty bears.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The polar bear was an illusion?

Seemed pretty real when it dragged Eko around.

I think Locke's dad is old smokey in disguise, like Jack's dad, Kate's horse, Yemi, Hurley's imaginary friend, etc.

Comment

If so, it would actually suck, because Nikki & Paolo, despite being credited as main cast, haven't played any role in season 3 so far.

This week's episode is all about them.

So if R&B never got on the plane, then none of their scenes ever happened? Bernard with the tailies? Rose talking to Locke about them both being healed? Rose is still dying of cancer in Australia?

That would suck something fierce.

It might suck, but it kind of makes sense when you think about it. Rose & Bernard never fit in with the rest of the Losties. All the rest have sins in their past and demons they have to cope with (particularly issues with their fathers). R&B were just an old married couple. It's quite possible that they weren't meant to be on the island, that Desmond changed things so that the people who were supposed to be on the Island (Nikki & Paulo) got on that plane instead of R&B.
                                Last edited by Drake Tungsten; March 24, 2007, 15:49.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X