No announcement yet.

LOST : Season 3 Spoilers by default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But nobody we currently know--we saw them all get onto the plane.

Except for Nikki and Paolo...

What I don't get is: In an earlier episode they were playing golf in that valley. How'd they miss the sonic fence then?

Different valleys, I think. The valley they played golf in is the same one Hurley drove the van in, closer to the Losties beach.

As for Locke, I don't think he's crazy; I think he just has a wildly divergent view of what this mission to the Others' barracks is supposed to accomplish. Makes him worthless as a leader (or team player), but it remains to be seen how effective he'll be as a one man assault team attempting to carry out his mission...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Locke tossed Mikhail into the sonic mind blender. I'd say that was pretty nuts. Even if he didn't know that it was a sonic mind melter it seems to me that the more logical first step would have been to throw a branch or rock.

Well, Locke was also pissed . Mind you, if he threw a rock, they would either see no effect, or hear a sound and see no effect.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Actually I just had an insight into where the series is leading to. Think. The "others" display a fanatical devotion, a devotion even to the point of sacrificing their lives without a second thought, to a leader we haven't seen. The leaders of the group we do know of are ruthless and incredibly manipulative. The group seems to need to steal kids, probably to replenish their number, but they procured the services of a scientist whose work involved trying to make male animals able to have babies. They live on an island hidden for a long time presumably by some magnetic disturbance, natural or man made.

The island has developments probably costing tens of millions of dollars on it. The builders of these developments were involved in conducting experiments which would seem to have involved testing the subjects reliability and loyalty. Do we really know for a fact that the Dharma institute and the others weren't actually part of the same greater organization? Was the machine controlled by the computer there as a beacon to guide supply planes through the island's magnetic field, or to snatch unsuspecting planes off their flight paths down to the island where the passengers could be scrutinized, disposed of or inducted? Remember when Desmond's failure to push the button brought down flight 815 it had been off course for hours. Was that an accident or was the machine brining it in, perhaps to obtain Jack's service as a surgeon?

This all leads up to something. Think: Leader..........fanatical devotion.......... ruthless......... manipulative............ secretive..............around who knows how long.............. large sums of hidden money.

Give up? Who is the ultimate Godwinizer? That's right............. It's Adolph Hitler himself! The others are ODESSA. The Dharma initiative was nothing but a front to build a hide away for fearless leader and to recruit new blood.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Hitler! ZOMFG!!!
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            But nobody we currently know--we saw them all get onto the plane.

Except for Nikki and Paolo...
            Christ on a crutch, do we have to bring them up? I mean, honestly, if they must have new characters, can't we just further explore Rose & Bernand's lives?
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Rose & Bernard aren't hot.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

There you go again, Guynemer, talking about what makes sense...

@DaShi -- Yeah, I was thinking it was the hill the Hugo drove the van down as well. I guess they need to double up on locations FTTT...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                  Rose & Bernard aren't hot.
                  But they are interesting.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Not particularly. More interesting than Nikki & Paolo, but that's not hard...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I saw the first episode but not the others. I figure one of these days I will get around to downloading the entire season.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                        I'm thinking they should reimagine the show with only seven characters - Charlie, Jack, Hurley, Kate, the Skipper and the rest.

It really has gone way down hill.
                        I got bored with the constent introducing of new characters and then killing off other characters. It was only one plane not the Queen Mary.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, they really need to kill some principal characters.
                          Soon.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Charlie's due to kick the bucket any day now...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

But he's such a cute little drug-addicted hobbit...

Still, Desmond knows all, and Desmond says he's doomed.

Comment

But he's such a cute little drug-addicted hobbit...

I hate Charlie. I'll be glad when he's dead.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X