Does this make sense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this make sense?

Ok Im an asthamatic i depend on a oral inhaler. I just found out that the brand of inhler i have been using is being recalled cause apparently the FDA as decided the propellents in the inhaler itself are eating the ozone layer. How does an inhaler that i suck into my lungs pollute the ozone? One would think it would eat my lungs first?
    So because of this, and the fact there is no generic as of yet for this inhaler it is brand new, i have to pay 5 times as much for the script as i was before. Now i worry what other asthamatics that dont have insurance are gonna do when they cant afford this inhaler.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

other asthmatics will have to take a deep breath and calm down.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

As far as I know, the propellants in the inhalers only affect things like Ozone in the atmosphere. Ozone is toxic to people, so you don't have any in your body, and not in your lungs.

How much are the scripts costing you now? A 5x increase is absolutely exorbitant.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

This is the tip of the iceberg on why socialized medicine is needed.
        25% of Texans, and I doubt we're so far above average, have no insurance. To illustrate fully how gloomy it is, Mrs. T is relatively lucky. Now, does that suck or what?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

they just want money off you.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

The main thing is that we as consumuers dont have a choice in what company makes our meds. There fore they just keep getting more andmore expensive to the point where no one can afford the stuff they need. My original inhaler withmy insurance plan cost me 5 buck its is now 50 buck for the same amount.
            But im trying to figure out how the propellents as they call them are geting out of my lungs? I inhale the **** i have to swallow what im inhaling hence the reason to breathe easier. I mean im not exhaling them im inhaling i still dont get it
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              This is the tip of the iceberg on why socialized medicine is needed.
              25% of Texans, and I doubt we're so far above average, have no insurance. To illustrate fully how gloomy it is, Mrs. T is relatively lucky. Now, does that suck or what?
              Actually, you guys are fully 10 points above the national average; you're also 5 points above the next least-insured state (New Mexico), and more than 15 ponts above the best-insured states (Minnesota ans Iowa).

It's like you always say, Sloww: Texas is in a class by itself.

Insurance stats here: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0106394.html
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

They took all the over the counter inhalers off the market once and my exwife had to take the pills which don't work for ****. It was pretty bad, but we got some medical.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Don't feel so sad Mrs T., you're paying my bonus
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My original inhaler withmy insurance plan cost me 5 buck its is now 50 buck for the same amount.
                    Wow! That's insane. Are you going to be able to afford ten times the original cost?

But im trying to figure out how the propellents as they call them are geting out of my lungs? I inhale the **** i have to swallow what im inhaling hence the reason to breathe easier. I mean im not exhaling them im inhaling i still dont get it
                    My thought would be what happens to them when you are finished and have to throw them out. You might exhaust the medication in them, while still leaving some of the propellents behind. That would be one way that stuff could get into the atmosphere.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                    X