QC-CLUB thread: 2007 election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QC-CLUB thread: 2007 election

So, who will you be voting for, what are your predictions, etc?

Dumont is a worthless demagogue, Charest is the usual liberal empty shell, Boisclair lacks judgement.

Discuss.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

It might be better for the PQ to lose... this way, they'd clear up the mess and replace Boisclair with someone half-decent, like Marois or Legault...

This said, the reason I dislike Boisclair has nothing to do with coke or bad taste gay jokes.

Comment

Huh... 20 thread views in 3 minutes, and it's specified in the title that it's a ****ing QUEBEC club thread.

Comment

Can I participate?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Sure, I've been expecting you.

Comment

Sadly, my feel for Quebec politics is non-existent.

I heard a few months ago Charest was in serious trouble but now I gather he can win reelection? What happened to Boisclair since his much touted win of the party?

Why does Dumont never gain any serious ground (is he the NDP of Quebec - ie. nice guy but clueless?)
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Dumont changes direction as often as the wind. Boisclair is unpopular in his own party and constantly harassed for his coke consumption. Charest is a tourist, but he appears as the lesser evil to the mainstream.

Comment

I'm voting Charest. There. I said it. YOU HAPPY NOW! WILL YOU STOP THE HARASSMENT NOW!
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                  Sadly, my feel for Quebec politics is non-existent.

I heard a few months ago Charest was in serious trouble but now I gather he can win reelection? What happened to Boisclair since his much touted win of the party?

Why does Dumont never gain any serious ground (is he the NDP of Quebec - ie. nice guy but clueless?)
                  Hmmm. This may be an opportunity for me to put a "safety" avatar bet...
                  What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

Hmmm. This may be an opportunity for me to put a "safety" avatar bet...
                    I wouldn't be silly enough to bet on Quebec politics. My french sucks and I haven't been in the province in many years.

Oncle - Why does the coke issue matter? I would think Quebec voters would be the most accepting of that (as opposed to solid, boring Ontario for example)?

Comment

Confusing thread title. It has nothing to do with me.
                      B♭3

Comment

He took coke as a cabinet minister, that's why it's an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                          I'm voting Charest. There. I said it. YOU HAPPY NOW! WILL YOU STOP THE HARASSMENT NOW!
                          loser

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                            He took coke as a cabinet minister, that's why it's an issue.
                            But they knew that when they elected him leader didn't they? Or are they now realising they may have made the wrong choice (ala the federal Libs with Dion)?

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

loser
                              Give me a valid alternative and i will consider it.
                              What?

Comment

Working...
                              X