No announcement yet.

I learned in sex-ed class that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a vague sense that my sex-ed classes were decent (considering the situation - highschool students + sex ed class = awkwardness galore), but I remember almost nothing. I don't recall when/where I picked up various important bits of knowledge - whether it was the sex ed class or not...

edit: except the failure rate statistics. That was clearly from sex-ed class.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
      The only thing I really remember from Sex-ed is the AIDS part. This was the mid eighties, so the AIDS scare was at it's highest. We had a doctor from the local hospital come and teach us about safe sex, and as far as I remember, it really revolved only around HIV and AIDS.

Asmodean
      Which is weird, considering that 65% of the population will either get chlamydia or Herpes...

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hmm, KH was right about your avatar... right side, yeah, peekin' just a bit. Heh.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
          ...apparently.
          It's not like they were teaching me anything. Anybody in their right mind would already know of protection and how things work, more or less.

They seemed to focus on shock images of disease as a deterrent method, as well. I'm not sure why, since that didn't increase nor did it decrease my interest in that sort of affair.

Ah, well. Most classes at that age in high school were a simplistic bore. The joys of public education, no?
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

It's not like they were teaching me anything. Anybody in their right mind would already know of protection and how things work, more or less.

They seemed to focus on shock images of disease as a deterrent method, as well. I'm not sure why, since that didn't increase nor did it decrease my interest in that sort of affair.

Ah, well. Most classes at that age in high school were a simplistic bore. The joys of public education, no?
            In our school system, if there were moral or religious objections to classes like those, other classes were made available that gave a more christian, abstinence line.

As a result, I know a handful of people who literally know nothing of the mechanics of sex. I mean, literally, nothing.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
              Hmm, KH was right about your avatar... right side, yeah, peekin' just a bit. Heh.

-Arrian
              Yea, well, that just mean that you stared to long.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

This is true.

-Arrian

Comment

If you stare too long, you'll probably break down and cryyyyyy...
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hell yeah. I love that song.

But I'm thinking there is a certain NIN song that is more appropriate in this instance...

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      One of their little activities was to publically have us admitt to how much we had done, using baseball terminology.
                      I was still suffering from delusions that I could steal first base.

Comment

stealing home

can get you in real trouble
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                            Hell yeah. I love that song.

But I'm thinking there is a certain NIN song that is more appropriate in this instance...

-Arrian
                            closer?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I was still suffering from delusions that I could steal first base.
                              you had to steal first base?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                                I learned in sex-ed class that (older student) sex ed teachers are quite adept at deflecting awkwardly pointed questions like "What does semen taste like?"
                                Once upon a time, I drove up to a bunch of girls including my then-girlfriend. I heard her begging, "Don't ask him; don't ask him; don't ask him."
                                Nevertheless, the question burst out: "Do girls taste like anchovies?"
                                My girlfriend was beet red.
                                "I don't know," I dead panned. "I've never eaten anchovies."
                                I'd never seen her laugh so hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X