Why does Jesus love me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    The devil's ultimate source was God, just like everything elses.

I am surprised you weren't familiar with that part, it is very common in discussions in Christianity.

Jon Miller
    And even if youre NOT familiar with Christianity, its in the Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien. In the first chapters. You could look it up.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      Why does Jesus love me?

... I'm not a big fan of political or religious bumper stickers in general.

If I'm going to waste my time reading it, it better be damn funny. . I have better things to do while waiting at a stop light.
      I saw a bumper sticker that said:

Jesus loves you!
         ... but everyone else thinks you're an a**hole

I can't find one anywhere.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
        Cars with Christian stickers, especially that insidious fish, get a coin scratch all the way up the body of the car. If they are real Christians, they will consider such acts a blessing, for it is a blessing to be persecuted so they say.

That's a crappy thing to do. You know, lotsa people buy a used car and never think about the fish stickers.
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
          Jesus loves everyone, even the devil.

The devil's ultimate source was God, just like everything elses.

I am surprised you weren't familiar with that part, it is very common in discussions in Christianity.

People discuss all kinds of silly things. Doesn't make any of them true. Hint: Heb 2.

Comment

I don't think that Heb 2 says any part on the subject?

Maybe it is a version issue?

I will read it again with commentary + etc later.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jesus loves everyone. Dirty skank!
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                No-one is stupid enough to love his arch-enemy.
                Well, if by 'arch-enemy' you mean 'most significant of enemies,' the devil qualifies, but barely. The devil's not really an arch-enemy in the supervillian sense. In terms of relative power, he's just another version of the prodigal son who happens to act out more. He's no threat to God, only to us, and only because God allows him to pitch his schpiel so we can choose which side we want to be on for ourselves.

Bkeela: WRT the fish sticker, assuming you're not talking about the one eating the Darwin-fish (which is obnoxiousness in response to obnoxiousness, and stupid), there's nothing hypocritical or self-righteous about it. It's an ancient Xian symbol, originally used as a sort of password we could use to identify ourselves to one another during times of persecution. It's sort of convoluted in origin, hence its value as a secret sign: the Greek word for 'fish,' Icthys (Iota Chi Theta Upsilon Sigma), can be used as an acronym for 'Jesus Christ God Son Savior.' It signifies only 'the driver/owner of this car is a Christian.' It's not telling you you're going to Hell, or that gays are evil, or anything like that. It's an obscure historical reference. Your anger towards it is inexplicable.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                  the Greek word for 'fish'
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Exactly, Elok. The devil doesn't threaten God.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

@Spec
                      Fixed

Originally posted by lord of the mark

And even if youre NOT familiar with Christianity, come up to Québec City, and I'll explain you in front of a beer!
                      bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                        Originally posted by Dis
                        Why does Jesus love me?

... I'm not a big fan of political or religious bumper stickers in general.

If I'm going to waste my time reading it, it better be damn funny. . I have better things to do while waiting at a stop light.
                        I saw a bumper sticker that said:

Jesus loves you!
                        ... but everyone else thinks you're an a**hole

I can't find one anywhere.
                        My friend of last year had that bumper sticker on her car. She's the one I have mentioned here before. She thinks I'm an ******* now. I should have never told her I wanted to **** her. big mistake.

If she was talking to me I'd ask her where she got it from.

Comment

Working...
                        X