No announcement yet.

Here is a menu. Pick my dinner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Here is a menu. Pick my dinner.

Originally posted by Flubber
    and I love them for all of that
    (Masochist)
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

How did you know?

I hope you're not going to be there.
      Because there's only three restaurants in Toronto that are on top of skyscrapers (four, if you count the CN Tower), IIRC. Panorama wouldn't have Winterlicious because it's more of a lounge than a true restaurant (great place for drinks in the summer, BTW). Canoe wouldn't have that menu, so that only left Toula.

And no, I'm not going to be there.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I have a sneaking suspicion that skyscraper restraunt food is lower quality then one would suspect.
        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

I've swung both ways, something I doubt you can say.
          THats a BIG assumption on your part unless you know the person in real life. Who know's what "Solver" may have done as a drunken lad of 17 .
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here is a menu. Pick my dinner.

(Masochist)

Nah -- I just found a very good woman.

Plus I just don't feel any attraction to other man-parts. {Seinfeld ON} " Not that there's anything WRONG with that" { Seinfeld OFF}
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection
              I have a sneaking suspicion that skyscraper restraunt food is lower quality then one would suspect.
              It almost always is. Generally as you go up, so does the rip-off factor - you end up paying for the views rather than the food. There are a few exceptions, though. Canoe in Toronto is one of the best restaurants in the city, and it's on the 54th floor.
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

THats a BIG assumption on your part unless you know the person in real life. Who know's what "Solver" may have done as a drunken lad of 17 .
                This is true, and he is European...

I heard its a rite of passage.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

It almost always is. Generally as you go up, so does the rip-off factor - you end up paying for the views rather than the food. There are a few exceptions, though. Canoe in Toronto is one of the best restaurants in the city, and it's on the 54th floor.
                  I had a very good meal in the Calgary Tower a couple of years back but I heard that their management and cooks at the restaurant changed and it wasn't good any more.

Its not shocking it would be pricy. The rents higher up are often higher so they have to charge more. PLUS they won't get any "streetfront" business anyway so advertising cheap wings wouldn't work very well

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

But not Toula? Is Asher gonna get ripped off?
                    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

But not Toula? Is Asher gonna get ripped off?
                      At $35 per person he isn't getting ripped if the food is even average considering what he is getting in that location

Comment

For $35 for a 3 course meal it shouldn't be a massive ripoff.

Comment

This is the whole point of Winterlicious...to try the expensive restaurants to see if they're worth it.

Comment

At $35 per person he isn't getting ripped if the food is even average considering what he is getting in that location
                            Damn.

Comment

I've never been to Toula, but I've heard it's above average but not great. You can't really get ripped off with the Winterlicious thing here, though - it's a restaurant sampling festival where several places offer prix fixe menus for $25 or $35 (depending on how expensive the restaurant normally is). You typically aren't going to get the best offerings from a higher end place on a Winterlicious menu, but it won't be horrible (usually).

Comment

Damn.
                                For someone named Perfection you are neither a good troll nor a good kissass. Pick one and specialize.

Comment

Working...
                                X