X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get good 'ens 'ere!
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Don't English people put crap like jelly on their pizza?

Comment

Some might if they're trying to copy Canadians..
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
          Unfortunately, though... quality pizza is a rarity once you leave the northeastern US and I guess parts of southern Europe.
          IIRC, pizza was invented in N.Y. in the Italian immigrant community. It was carried back to southern Italy, where it was discovered by American G.I.'s during WW II.

Comment

Modern Day Pizza
            For some time after the tomato was brought to Europe from the Americas in the 16th century, it was believed by many Europeans to be poisonous (as are some other fruits of the nightshade family). By the late 18th century, however, it was common for the poor of the area around Naples to add tomato to their yeast-based flat bread and so the pizza as we know it today was born. The dish gained in popularity and Pizza became a tourist attraction as visitors to Naples ventured into the poorer areas of the city to try the local specialty.
            From Wiki History of Pizza
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
            X