Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physicists Agree! SW can kick Trek's @ss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holodecks pwn anything in SW.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Influence in the scientific community. You are the one moving goalposts with talks about Peace Prizes.
      The Peace Prize nomination came from a Scientific proposal (Putting satellites in orbits to facilitate communications), so I'd say that's germane to the point.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        Holodecks pwn anything in SW.
        Except when they malfunction and you get....

EVIL LINCOLN!!!!

(Futurama kicks all of their butts, frankly)
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Doesn't work that way, there's a Material that the Replicator uses to make stuff. The Material has to come from somewhere, no doubt from commie mines.
          So what? Given the level of technology, the entire process could be fully automated, and if the amount of this "material" is a vast as the supply of energy, the issue os scarcity vanishes, and the end of scarcity might as well be the very definition of total economic freedom.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            The economic organisation is ridiculous. Look at the ****ing planet Luke comes from (don't know name). His uncle and aunt are ****ing sand farmers operating as a family farm. And they buy used ****ing intelligent, talking robots to help them fix **** around the house.
            Apparently by voyager they use humanoid holograms (a la the doctor) in mines. As "slave labor."

That's pretty ****ing absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
              Except when they malfunction and you get....

EVIL LINCOLN!!!!
              But I'd only have a couple of programs on mine (Scarlett Johannson, Joanna Krupa, etc.).
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Apparently by voyager they use humanoid holograms (a la the doctor) in mines. As "slave labor."

That's pretty ****ing absurd.
                I think the better term is ****ty writers for Voyager, one of the worst ST shows, just right aboye Enterprise.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  The economic organisation is ridiculous. Look at the ****ing planet Luke comes from (don't know name). His uncle and aunt are ****ing sand farmers operating as a family farm. And they buy used ****ing intelligent, talking robots to help them fix **** around the house.
                  That's just Utah in the future...

Comment

a dude in a corny mask and ST, well, doesn't.
                    Are you going to honestly sit there and tell me ST isn't the greatest abuser of "a dude in a corny mask" in the history of entertainment?

Most of the movies are excellent allegories as well.
                    Wraith of Khan and The Undiscovered Country are the only ST movies that evendeserve the name. Even though I sat in unhidden disgust as I watched the SW prequels, I would literaly have rather chewed on razor blades, most of the civilized world made it through all three. How did the last 3 or for ST "movies" do? If you really want to claim Nemisis as your own be my guest.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Well, once you get to Q, ST becomes the absolute fantasy world. At least in SW there are no omnipotent beings.

That said, I'd much rather live in ST world. Holodeck + Replicator. You could even have your SW world in the Holodeck if that's what you want. (Just don't put me in a red security officer uniform please!)

Comment

You think Iraq has body armor problems...

Why does ST hate their Ensigns so much?
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Same reason Star Wars hates black people.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

heh, ST has no room to talk. At all.

Comment

First interracial kiss on TV...Star Trek.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                                First interracial kiss on TV...Star Trek.
                                SW counters with the incestual kiss.

Comment

Working...
                                X