No announcement yet.

Rome: Season2 roundup(spoilers, damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome: Season2 roundup(spoilers, damnit)

Second season of Rome starts in an hour, for those of us with HBO.

DISCUSS
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Second season of Rome starts in 2 hours, for those of us with BitTorrent.

Comment

Looking forward to it

Going to be recording it in high def, thanks to SageTV
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Quite violent, I must say.

Lots of characters already die in the first episode of season 2.

Watch out for role reversal between Pullo and Vorenius.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Caesar is dead
          Blah

Comment

HOW can there be spoilers in an historical-based tv series
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

spoiler: Nero blames Christians for Great fire of Rome
              I need a foot massage

Comment

spoiler: the Roman Empire converts to Christianity, then falls
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Datajach Franit, does it bother you (as an italian) to see english actors with english accents playing ancient romans?
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

Au contraire, but I feel personally offended that we (Italians) need people with no historical background recreating the Roman times because we couldn't do that ourselves such a thing for saving our lives.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
                      Datajach Franit, does it bother you (as an italian) to see english actors with english accents playing ancient romans?

How terrible.

And with the dialogue not even being in Latin, Etruscan, Celto-Ligurian, Egyptian or Demotic Greek.

How very inauthentic....
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Should I use spoiler tags or not? I will for now, I guess.

Spoiler:

So Pullo pulls Verenus back together, sort of, and they go on a bloody rampage only to discover that Verenus' kids are dead. So now he has no one, except Pullo, and nothing, except his ability to kill people. I expect he'll be doing a fair amount of that.

Antony out-manuevers Brutus and Cassius, thanks to the brain of the boy wonder (Octavian), honor of Brutus and the crappiness of Cassius' hit men.

Brutus & Cassius leave Rome to avoid the angry mob, stirred up by Antony's speech at Caesar's funeral.

As for the accents... meh, unless they're speaking Latin, does it really matter? And having them sound like Brits works just like it did in Star Wars They do Imperial well.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

What does a North African speaking Latin sound like or a bloke form Gaul etc.

I can bet its nothing like Italian
                          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Vorenus is so going on a rampage . And this this time Pullo may be trying to reign him in... what a turn of events .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No ****.

I just finished watching the first season. I was sure there is still a month to go until the second one.

Originally posted by reds4ever
                              Second season of Rome starts in 2 hours, for those of us with BitTorrent.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X