How to have fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to have fun

This was a new years resolution of someone I know. And now I think of it, I have no idea how to have fun either. I'm looking for advice. Yes I know one man's fun is another's hell. But that's a simplistic statement.

What is fun? Going out to clubs?

I use to have fun getting really wasted and doing stupid things. I haven't had fun doing that for well over a year now though.

I still do like a buzz though.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I use to have fun getting really wasted and doing stupid things.

KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

What I mostly do to entertain myself is read books or play MMOs.

I wouldn't always call these things fun, I would almost always prefer to be out with people instead. But I can do these entertaining things and be pretty satisfied. At least enough to not get off my ass and do something more fun.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I enjoy just sitting around doing nothing. It seems to drive most people crazy... but maybe I'm just already there?

Comment

What I mostly do to entertain myself is read books or play MMOs.

You need to start drinking for fun again...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I think it would be better to hang out and play games with people in RL. Also do outside activities and the like. If alcohol is a part of this, that is OK. But having alcohol dominate it makes it much harder to do a lot of other things (like study).

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I'm too old for fun now!
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You're never too old! Or you were always too old?

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    I'm too old for fun now!
                    Exactly how I feel...

Originally posted by Gibsie
                    You're never too old! Or you were always too old?
                    Yep. My ex-girlfriend used to say that.
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Just noticed... The Santa hats are gone!
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Play games while drinking. The best of both worlds. Racing games are a lot more fun when the winner of each round has to take a shot as a handicap for the next. Virtual drunk driving

Or try drinking games. "Fuzzy Duck" is fun, albeit immature. I always found Beirut/beer pong to be rather lame, but that might just be because I hate beer.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

beer pong sucks

playing chess while drinking is great!

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Sex and Drugs and Rock'n'Roll has been a winning formula of fun for decades now. If the word 'dr*gs' offends you then remember that alcohol is part of this set of substances. If alcohol offends you then a regular excercise routine, or yoga/meditation habit can achieve similar results of elevated / enhanced consciousness. If sex and rock'n'roll offend you you are probably excessively religious, in which case the concept of fun is probably offensive anyway.

If you are too young, or too old for these things, then playing games of some kind can be fun, and failing that, trolling or spamming the internet. As all of these things can be as addictive as drugs and therefore dangerous, they become fun by default.

Comment

Re: How to have fun

Originally posted by Dis
                              What is fun? Going out to clubs?
                              On the basis of my definition - most definitely, as it can potentially score in up to all three areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X