Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips sought on coping with middle age

I'm 43. That's a fine age for a horse.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Wenn das kein Beweis is' für die Midlife Crisis

Comment

Try renaissance, we've had some good experiences with it.
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

In Finnland?

Comment

Gets me thinking. Was there anything in Finnland during the 14th century?

Comment

43. What a pup.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

hpbd>>??

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Are yous till married? If so your wife mush be a saint.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                  Gets me thinking. Was there anything in Finnland during the 14th century?
                  Finns, trees, and the odd Russian invasion. The only real difference from the last century was the lack of Nokia and vodka.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Chainmail and a mace tends to do well. Perhaps a longbow as well.
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Longbows in 14th C Finland? Not bloody likely.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

That's my advice for the original question. I haven't read the rest of the thread yet
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

OK, young man...

Coping tip: Develop a physical regimen and stick to it. No need to be a workout demon, but you're reaching the age where your body will deteriorate if you don't do a little ongoing maintenance.

Coping tip: See your doctor, have a complete physical. It's amazingly reassuring to know where you stand physically, even if the news isn't all great.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            Coping tip: Develop a physical regimen and stick to it. No need to be a workout demon, but you're reaching the age where your body will deteriorate if you don't do a little ongoing maintenance.
                            I hit that point at 23.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Sean Connery did at 16. There are some posters here who still need to get there.

Comment

Working...
                              X