This was the first year I didn't have a white Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was the first year I didn't have a white Christmas

It was weird to not have snow on the ground on December 25th.

Luckily we made up for it on the 26th and 27th.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

white crhistmas?

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Same here... no snow (and still now snow!), which is totally crazy. There's sometimes snow on the ground in November, and by mid-December it's bound to be snowing well and constantly. And the temperature is a good 10 degrees C higher than what you'd expect.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

We rarely get much snow in December (and so far we haven't seen any of it this year), usually we get a bit of it in January and February. Last time we had a white Christmas was in 1995, I believe it has only happened ~3 times during my lifetime (including 1981 when I was like 6 months old)
          Of course this data is based on when we danes celebrate Christmas (on the 24th... snow on the 25th is not considered a "white Christmas" as it's just another day)
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Same here, and yes, crazy.

But it has got absolutely nothing to do with global warming, because it does not exist
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

2 years ago we got 25 in. of snow. Last year was warmer than it usally is. This year is colder than it was last year, but still not down two the average. Those are the only two years I haven't had a white Christmas since I moved here. Although I'm used to not having a white Christmas since it rarly snows at all in Memphis.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

I haven't seen settled snow for a long time, almost a year.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Amazingly, Australia had a white Christmas, right in the middle of summer.

Shame it wasn't at the cricket though.

Global warming for you!

Does this mean we are about to enter an ice age??
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                    I haven't seen settled snow for a long time, almost a year.
                    Same here. Since 1998 we haven't seen much snow in December, before that year we often had snow in December (and often lots of it)
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

<---------
                      Spent his Christmases in southern California, Hawaii and the desert of New Mexico. Never had a white Christmas.

Comment

Had a white christmas this year, 3 feet of snow! Dunno if I'll get one again next year tho. Hopefully be back in Texas again.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Re: This was the first year I didn't have a white Christmas

I don't remember the last time we did have a White Christmas. That's Maryland for you.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No snow in Ottawa for Christmas either and the first green Christmas for me too. And no snow in my hometown, a 6 hour drive north from here. It's just not right.
                            What?

Comment

Think of all the lives that may be saved.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X