I hate Best Buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Best Buy.

Okay, so I have some Best Buy store credit. Because I won't do anything with it, I want to split it into two pieces for Christmas.

They say "no."
    I ask the manager, and he says no.
    I ask: If I buy items and then return them individually, I would recieve individual credit, right? The manager confirms the viability of this idea.

Its frustrating because this is just a longer, more frustrating way of achieving the exact same thing.
    Last edited by Nubclear; December 22, 2006, 06:09.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Why do you have to be so difficult?

Comment

Honestly, they more than make up for this by actually having games I want to buy when I want to buy them.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Usually a local store (one that trades games and has an utterly massive selection of older computer games) or EB Games has what I need.

I typically don't shop at Best Buy due to horror stories of their customer service and, now, my own experience

Comment

Yes, but when a new game comes out, and I don't feel like preordering, Best Buy has enough to supply my needs. The specialty stores create artificial shortages.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

You sound like a cheapskate, pain in the arse!

Buy your friends some proper presents and keep the credit for when you want to spend it.

Comment

A) I don't have money to buy them any gifts
              B) I don't believe in buying gifts for people - I'd rather give them money and perhaps something homemade so that they can get something *they* want, not something I think they want.

Comment

Then:

A) Stop trying to blame BestBuy.

B) Bake a pie.

Comment

A) No.

B) No.

Comment

Cancel Xmas?

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                      Then:

A) Stop trying to blame BestBuy.

B) Bake a pie.
                      He's blaming them for having stupid policies, not because they don't have stuff he can get as gifts for his friends.

Comment

Store credit is generally non-transferable (for whatever reason). I'd suggest he asks his friends what they want from BestBuy and then buy it for them from his credit.

Comment

Store credit is generally non-transferable (for whatever reason).

That is not the issue here. They don't really care who gives them the piece of paper.
                          In fact, they don't really seem to care if the piece of paper is split up into smaller pieces.

Hence why their actions on this matter are puzzling and frustrating.

Comment

wasn't?

Comment

B) I don't believe in buying gifts for people - I'd rather give them money and perhaps something homemade so that they can get something *they* want, not something I think they want.
                              I'm with Reds on this one. Bake them a pie and spare Best Buy the hassles you are causing them.

Or you could just ask your friends what they want, buy them with the credit and go home. Let them worry about the returns.

Not hard.
                              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 22, 2006, 04:11.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X