• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Broken heart thread

Originally posted by Aro

I may be the problem, I think…

First step to recovery.

Be yourself. Do not change for anyone.

I think this is bad advice. If someone is a jerk, I'd really rather they don't be themselves. If they can be made a better person through a relationship with someone else (or of their own accord) I'm all for it.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

all my ex-wives said similar things about me.
      This is the line that bothers me most. Going over the list of complaints, they all pretty much boil down to an unwillingness or inablity to take your women out, have a good time, a make them feel special & needed.

I vote that, in the future, you work on this. If necessary, set aside a time (e.g. Friday evenings) that is her exclusive time...you will spend time with her and you will have fun!

Comment

thats how i feel. if something isnt working for multiple people with you maybe it isnt everyone elses issue. adapting who you are and forging a stronger self through hardship might be beneficial.

if being yourself and not being concious of self isnt working then why do you do it?
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I feel your pain, Aro

Good luck with moving on
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            you will spend time with her and you will have fun!

. . . . and that's an ORDER, mister!
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Blah! Don't give in to the unrealistic expectations of judgemental western women!
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Let's see.

You work long hours.

You come home play civ all night.

Then you expect sex when you finally decide to go to bed.

Does anyone see anything wrong with the picture here?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

OH OH, I THINK I KNOW BEN!

He didn't buy the expansion pack?
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

@ Ninot

Comment

Re: Broken heart thread

Originally posted by Aro
                      My girl friend just dumped me tonight...

2- I worry too much about my children (I have two, from my third marriage).

4- I don’t have enough money...
                      She's not worth your time. Forget about her. There are much better people out there, I'm sure.

Maybe, but I wouldn't take the word of someone who thinks you worry too much about your children for it.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

What's the final judgement on the x-pack BTW? Any bugs left?
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Screw her. Better to find out now she's unhappy then after your fouth marriage and you have yet another kid.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Am I the only who thinks that since Aro has three marriages behind him, it's him who should be giving advice to the rest of us, not the other way around?

Comment

just be glad you're not me. That should cheer anyone up.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with working hard, caring about kids, or not having a ton of money. OTOH, completely ignoring a partner in favour of computer games is something than can be worked on, and should be worked on if you care about that relationship.

I think you're onto something here.

Comment

Working...
                                X