Dealing with dirtbag tenets. Part 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
    When you first posted, when was the date he wanted to vacate?
    He is claiming he will start moving today but won't have his furniture out until next Sunday. That would be 12/10/06. He has until tomorrow to respond to the unlawful detainer lawsuit then the court will set a court date (likely some where between the 15th-20th of December). I've told him he needs to pay in full before the court date or else I will have no choice but to move ahead with the legal case.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I hate excuses.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• His first requested date, he's going to manage to get, I think. I don't feel like going back and trying to decipher.
        It's been uncomfortable for him, but he's getting what he hoped.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Oh, he originally asked for Jan 1 but I gave him his 30 day notice on Nov 1st to be out Dec 1st. I later gave him a pay or quit/perform covenant or quit notice because I figured out it would start the legal proceedings faster then the original 30 day notice would.

He asked for Jan 1st (a whole extra month on top of the month I had already given him) and then later dropped it to Dec 15th. Unfortunately he has been evicted two times before (and that's only the cases which went to court in San Diego; I didn't look else where) so he knows exactly how long it takes for the owner to toss out a dirtbag.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
            I suspect she is just looking for some guy she can marry to get US citizenship though she may reconsider once she figures out what a loser this fellow is.
            She's probably paying for their trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
              this is a house right? is it possible to say one of u or the other tennants lost the key to the main door and attach a notice to his door after he has left for the day, that the locks will be changed and for him to see you later bout a new key? he makes himself unavailable why cant you for a couple of days? seeing as he wants to make u miserable why not repay the favor its not illegal if u notify him, and its not ur fault he aint home. to get ur notice.
              Really suspect move, when you are in the middle of eviction proceedings.

Comment

Ok, latest developments. Dirtbag has said he will start moving out today and will be out by the end of next Sunday. He has asked me to drop the unlawful detainer case I filed against him. I have not seen him pack anything to date dispite his previous claim that he'd start moving out last weekend.

I have told him if he vacates and pays all back money to me before the court date then I will drop the case but if he is still here or even if he still owes me money then I will have no choice but to continue the case. He's told me he could pay me on the 27th of December, however, he has often told me he would pay me before and it rarely if ever happens.

I'm going to stick to my guns. If he pays before the court date and leaves then I will drop the case even though that means I'd be out the $185 it cost me to file. If I go to court then I will win and I will stick him for all the court costs since the lease is explicit about loser paying all court costs. The downside is he won't pay and I will have to sue him a second time to get his wages garnished.
                Just proceed and make no accomodations. If you fall for any more delaying tactics, it's shame on you.

Comment

I want revenge.
                  Of course you want revenge. He's made you feel really stupid and foolish, so it's only natural.

But get over it and get him out.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                  X