Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumsfeld to resign

Just heard it on the News
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

No article yet, but it's plastered all over CNN.com.

This is not a coincidence.
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

It was inevitable. The Democratic Congress was going to force him to resign anyways.

Hopefully, this will lead to a change in Bush policy, rather than simply a change of face.
      "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

It will be good to get some new ideas at the Pentagon.

This could be a very interesting lame duck confirmation process as well.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Oh happy day!

Hopefully the first of many heads to roll...
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Nothing on CNN site, but

Rumsfeld Has No Plans to Step Down, Despite Democrat Gains ...
            FOX News - 1 hour ago
            WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, a key target of Iraq war critics, gave no indication Wednesday that he planned to step down in the wake of ...
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wow.

Comment

This sucks. Now he's going to get hired by some company and make a ****load of money.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  This sucks. Now he's going to get hired by some company and make a ****load of money.
                  Chief of Operations for Haliburton?

Comment

Haliburton or Raytheon?
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Nah, I'm sure there are other companies out there in need of a former Secretary of Defense who could "grease the wheels" when it comes to acquiring no-bid government contracts. I'm sure Cheney will give him the hook up.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I wonder how soon Bush is going to try to offer Libermann the SecDef job. Especially since the Gov of Connecticut is a Republican.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Dodging impeachment, are we?

Does this mean we will see a new policy in Iraq: perhaps going back to the Clintonian strategy of cruice missiles instead of boots on the ground?
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                              Dodging impeachment, are we?

Does this mean we will see a new policy in Iraq: perhaps going back to the Clintonian strategy of cruice missiles instead of boots on the ground?
                              Not a chance.

The American objection has never been to the boots on the ground...it has been to the stupid way they have been used. Rummy has to bear the responsibility there.

Oh...and Clinton's "Cruise missle" strategy just worked oh so well to.

Comment

Working...
                              X